One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Mix it Up Monday with Gina K

Hey friends, how are you doing?
Today I have a card from the Mix it Up Monday Gina K video series!
You can go HERE to watch the video...Gina took a new stamp set (Free to Flourish)  and colored with prisma colored pencils on kraft paper, she also used a stencil for the background to add a soft interest.  Please go check her out and join in the fun!
I used these supplies:
stamps:  Gina K Rose Peonies & Fancy Greetings
stencil:  The Greetery Berry Branch Stencil

The little bud is from a different stamp set of Gina K's called Whimsical Flowers.
It appeared to have a more solid image rather than an outline, so I thought, hmmm I will stamp it with white pigment ink and color over it with the pencils...we have done that before!
So I did, but you know, it just didn't blend in because the other images all have thick black stamped outlines.  So what I did was pick up a copic multiliner pen and drew in my own lines!!  Fortunately it kind of works because it is "sketchy"...I am no artist!

That's it for me...I can hardly wait for tomorrow night to try another technique and just have fun making cards!


Heart Hugs, friends!



3 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is beautiful, Colleen! I love the fun background and pretty colors. We're still hanging in here. Sure wish this virus would go away. Hugs, Sharyn

Susan said...

Love the colouring on kraft (and thanks for the link to the video - I'm going to go and watch it as I love using kraft). Beautiful colours on the flowers.

Loll said...

I LOVE your card, Colleen. Beautiful colouring of your blooms and leaves. And great job adding some sketch lines to match the bud to the flower. xx