One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Seize the Birthday ~ confetti

Welcome to a NEW YEAR!!
Let's take care of business before we get to card making!
First I want to welcome our Jan and Feb GUEST designer:  Julie, you can find her HERE at Crafted by Jules.
And we have a new designer joining our team, please welcome Catherine Roffey, you can see her blog HERE.
The topping to start out the New Year for Seize the Birthday is confetti!  Who doesn't love opening an envelope and having fun confetti pieces pop out, or confetti and streamers falling from the ceiling?  Or just laying a sprinkling of confetti on the table around the cake and fun birthday dishes?  You get the idea...
Here is what I came up with:
I used a PTI cover plate that had all these little circles and star holes for confetti, I actually colored in the spots and then added the balloons. Doesn't it look like the confetti is falling around the balloons?

Friends, if you don't want to play around with confetti, you are always welcome to make any kind of birthday card!  Now go check out the rest of the team and all the inspiration they have for you!
See you in the gallery!
Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Barbara said...

Your card for this challenge was what I was thinking when I made my birthday card. I wish I had made my a little less confetti! Lol

Lindsey said...

Love the way you added confetti to your card! And the balloons are a perfect focal point. Fun!

JoAnn said...

That die cut was perfect to add the confetti around your balloons Colleen. I like how you colored each dot. Great job.

Cathy said...

Hi Colleen, thanks for welcoming me aboard, confetti and balloons are a perfect combination, gorgeous CAS card, Cathy x

Nancy said...

It absolutely does look like the confetti is dancing around the balloons. Such a great card and fabulous topping for us for the New Year! Heart hugs my friend!

Julie B said...

Looks like there is a party going on on your card, fab.
Thanks for the invite too. :)

Glenda J said...

Love this design - your balloons are perfect. Great CAS card.

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous card, Colleen! Looks like the confetti is floating down while the balloons are floating up!

Loll said...

Fun card Col!! Love the bright colours. xx