One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, December 2, 2018

CAS Christmas December Challenge ~ Stars

This is going to be a short month for CAS Christmas Challenge.
It will end on Dec. 15th and the winners will be posted on Dec 18th! 
Trina is our HOST and she is wanting to see STARS on our Christmas card!
I had a NBUS (never before used stuff) and since it was a star, it was perfect for this challenge!
Sorry for all the shine and reflection back on your eyes!  This star was gold embossed on white paper and I added a layer of PTI Luxe Gold Cardstock.  Very simple, easy to mass produce.  This stamp was a Sizzix stamp and die, I didn't use the die on this card, but it also came with a smaller star die and I decided to make a second card with the smaller die.
I masked off a 1 1/2" section of the card and sponged on some DO inks, splattered with water, then I die cut the stars 5 times.  I added a piece of MFT glitter gold paper to the back and I gold embossed the Penny Black sentiment.  I added one more star that was cut from the sponged part of the paper,
Another simple and easy card to make.
I hope this gives you some inspiration to make a card and join in with STARS on your CAS Christmas card...the last one for the year 2018!
Heart Hugs, friends!



20 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

These are both beautiful, Colleen. The white and gold is elegant and I love the pop of blue on the second one.

Birgit said...

Two beautiful cards here Colleen! I can just imagine how beautifully they shimmer and shine in real life. The bold blue is stunning!! I've been playing catch up on your blog and seeing lots of great inspiration since I've been on vacation. Lots of wonderful tags and cards. Your layered card is fabulous. You're an ace at layering my friend!

Patti said...

I'm seeing stars in Blogland today and they are spectacular!! I love the gold accent : ) so regal!!

Susan said...

Both are beautiful but I especially the first one - gold and white cards are so elegant, and yours is so perfectly CAS!

Cindy C. said...

Both so gorgeous!!

Maria said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, Colleen! Love the gold with the stunning star and the pretty blue with gold on the second card!

Loll said...

Two beautiful star cards Col!! Both are so elegant and shimmer from all the gold. Awesome work, my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

Two very elegant cards, Col! I love the shape of the large star and all that gold! The smaller gold stars on the blue background is stunning!

Christine Alexander said...

Coleen these are two stunning cards, I love all the sparkle in the first gold one and your blue blended border is amazing.

nancy littrell said...

Two beautiful shiny gold stars, sentiments and dies, Colleen. So fun ending up with a Twofer:-) TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Brenda in IN said...

These are beautiful and the shine is gorgeous. It is hard to capture the shine through the lens but I can see that gorgeous star.

Trina P. said...

Yay to using NBUS. These are beautiful, Colleen. Love the shimmer and shine, even though it makes it more difficult to photograph. I’m sure these are stunning IRL. xx

Viv said...

2 lovely cards but the first one is my fave!

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely star cards Colleen, simple but somehow stars say it all.. and I know what you mean about photographing shiny cards.. I have a desk lamp I try to use at different angles, helps sometimes

Marcia Hill said...

Two BEAUTIFUL cards Colleen! I love the star image you used and especially LOVE the 1st card in all it's shining glory!! Hoping you're moving around better now and are able to get things done for Christmas without being in pain! Have a great rest of your week my friend!! :0)

Greta said...

These are so gorgeous, Colleen! I really love the gold & white with the large star! Very happy to hear your knee is improving! Wishing you a blessed holiday season, my friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are so shiny and beautiful, Colleen! The first one is simple and elegant, and I love the blue strip with spatters of the second card. It's gorgeous!
Hideko xx

Darnell said...

Your two star designs are beautiful, Col! I love that bold blue starry panel you created on your second card, but your first NBUS QACAS gold number makes me swoon! It is so rich and elegant and looks like it came from a high-end boutique shop!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous cards with the Christmas star dies, Colleen - just love all the gold embossing!!

Birgit said...

Two "shining stars" here Colleen! How perfect that you were able to use a NBUS for this challenge. The star and your card is stunning!! Have a merry Christmas my friend!