One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, January 11, 2024

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ wet or dry embossing by Cathy

Welcome to the first challenge for SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY for a NEW YEAR friends!
Happy 2024!!

Cathy is our host and is asking us to do dry or wet embossing on our birthday cards!
So many fun embossing folders out there and especially new 3-D ones!

This card was inspired by one made by iminhaven she used the same SSS party balloons folder but a different sentiment die.  I loved it!  I bought this folder because it had balloons on it and so I knew it would be used a lot, then I saw the card by Lisa on IG and knew I wanted to try my hand at it!
My sentiment die is from GinaK: birthday with a shadow die
I used a variety of bling from Pinkfresh.

I really love all the white space and the simplicity of this card design, thank you Lisa (even though you don't know me) for the inspiration!

Friends, I hope to see you in this new year with more birthday cards and this time find a new or old embossing folder and join our challenge.
 
As always the design team has more cards to inspire you, you can always make any kind of birthday card if you don't want to use the topping of "wet or dry embossing".! 

And we have THREE SPECIAL GUESTS WITH US who have fantastic inspiration for you as well!
LOLL: HERE
KAREN:  HERE 
MARINA:  HERE

Heart Hugs, friends!



16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is oodles of fun, Colleen! I like the fun pops of color from the sentiment!

Loll said...

Great birthday card, Col! This is a celebration! The rainbow sentiment pops against the all white background. xx

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE this card Colleen! That balloon ef is so cool, and I think I might NEED it!! I love how you kept the card so CAS except for the rainbow colored sentiment...perfection! And how perfect for a guy, gal, or child or in between! AWESOME card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the balloon embossing with the framed bday - great card.

Linda said...

Perfect CAS card, Col. Love that balloon background in the white and the rainbow sentiment. So pretty.

JoAnn said...

What a fun card with the embossed balloon background and that colorful sentiment.

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous card, Col! Love the bright colors on this fantastic birthday die cut and the 3D balloons! So festive, my friend!

Nancy said...

Well, if that isn't a terrific embossing folder for a birthday card! Love it and the rainbow greeting. Great card, Colleen!

Barbara said...

Fabulous technique that you found and I must check it out. I can see so many creations with it. Your card is engaging and charming. I love it

JulieP said...

This is a new to me embossing folder. I LOVE it!!! and your rainbow sentiment. Such a fun card!

Ashwini Rao said...

I love this!! The colorful sentiment laid within the negative shadow die cut and that gorgeous embossed balloon. I mean, what could make a perfect card more perfect?? Totally awesome card!

shirley-bee said...

That’s a fabulous embossed background for a birthday card, Colleen! I love how you’ve cut the sentiment into it. (Had a quick peek at Lida's card too?). Great card!

Cathy said...

Awesome card Colleen, love this folder and I would never have thought to inlay the sentiment like that, it looks amazing, love it in the rainbow colours too, Cathy x

Darnell said...

I love your CASE of Lisa's card, Col! It's a wonderfully CASlicious design that packs a wallop with your awesome rainbow sediment! Hugs, Darnell

Glenda J said...

This is so great. I love how you did the sentiment and the rainbow with the white embossing looks amazing! Great card!

Greta said...

You've convinced me--I NEED a balloon embossing folder! Really love this happy BD card, Colleen!