One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, January 8, 2024

COLOR HUES #78 LIGHT BLUE AND NAVY

Hi Friends!  I have a card for the  new Color Hues Challenge #78 Light blue and navy!


Wow, I had to do a double take because the color on this picture doesn't match the card sitting on my desk right now!  It looks like I used a bright blue and I didn't.  Anyway, I have a Pinkfresh small butterfly on the card, a little flower from Gina K called:  Take care and a sentiment also from Gina K:  Bitty Botanicals, and a postage die from Penny Black: Posted.  The ef is from Spellbinders:  floral
I ink blended my two blues at the bottom portion of the card, wrapped a piece of twine around it and placed my die piece on top.
Thanks for stopping by and having a look!

Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Loll said...

Sweet card Col! Happy New Year! xx

Linda said...

Very pretty Col. Love that butterfly.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the layout.

Lisa Elton said...

Happy New Year, Colleen! Cute card!

Marcia Hill said...

It's all about the hues Colleen, so no worries about the blues showing brighter than the actual card! And a beautiful card it is...loving that foiled butterfly, the postage die cut, and the blended over embossed background! You have made the challenge colors SHINE my friend! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

Your blues are lovely and your card show the colors off beautifully, Colleen! I love the shimmer on the butterfly - or is that a bit of silver? We love having you join us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

That butterfly just hopped out at me in the gallery! Your blues are gorgeous and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

This is so pretty, Colleen! Love the partially blended background and that wonderful butterfly! Thanks for playing with us at Color Hues! My card also looked like I used a brighter blue...no worries at all!

Tracey McNeely said...

Colleen this is just so pretty! The postage stamp die cut is lovely over the ink blended background!

Tracey McNeely said...

Thank you so much for sharing at the Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

Such beautiful blues, Col! Love that butterfly!

Greta said...

I'm glad someone else has trouble getting the colors to look right in pictures sometimes! It's a constant struggle for me. Anyway--your card looks beautiful and I love how you blended the inks!