One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, August 10, 2023

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ SHAPED CARD

Hi Friends!

Welcome to Seize the Birthday Challenge!

JoAnn is our hostess and she is looking for a "shaped birthday card".  Fun Challenge, JoAnn, I hardly ever make a shaped card, so this was a fun challenge for me.  If you are not into the toppings challenge, then feel free to make any kind of a birthday card and join us with this challenge!

 

I used The Greetery A-2 arches set to make my shaped card.

I also used The Greetery Floral and Arches Stamp, stencil and die set along with the Arched sentiment Stamp & Die set.

Here is a side view.  I cut out the arch twice and the back one, I made a fold about 5/8 " down from the top and that is where I adhered it to the back of the top card.
 

I had a lot of fun putting this together and using a set I haven't used in awhile.

Check out the fun shaped cards from the design team and our Special Party Guest:  Izzy, you can find her here:  https://www.izzyscrap.com/blogs/!


 Hugs, friends!




14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I adore this, Colleen! What a gorgeous card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! Fabulous job on this shaped card!

shirley-bee said...

This arch card is so pretty, Colleen! I love the soft colours.

Barbara said...

Well, you really made clever use of your coordinating arches stamp and flower set. I'm just really liking this challenge and I think I'll be making more shaped cards. Pinning yours for future use.

Nancy said...

Love your arched card, Colleen. It appears that all your arch products certainly came in handy and worked well with one another. Love the soft colors and the lilac greeting looks terrific!

Brenda in IN said...

These soft colors around the arch are beautiful, Col. I love the shape and pretty font of the happy birthday. A shaped card is always a fun surprise for the recipient.

Bonnie said...

These flowers are beautiful, Col, and I love the arch shaped card!

Linda said...

Col, this is such a pretty arched shaped card. Love the colors you used. So
Spring like.

JulieP said...

This is just beautiful and will no doubt be a displayed item by the recipient!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful arched card Colleen. Love the arch flowers and dies - such soft and pretty colors. Glad you liked the shaped card challenge. I don't make shaped cards either but thought it would be fun to try.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Colleen, those arches all work so well together, even the sentiment, gorgeous spray of flowers too, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

What a lovely and charming card! The shape and the flowers actually remind me of a garden gateway. Really beautiful!

Glenda J said...

What a cool shape! Gorgeous flowers - love how you framed the sentiment.

Izzy Scrap said...

OMG, what a lovely shaped card with these pretty floral ornaments. And the sentiment die cut just finishes it so beautifully ! Love it !