One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, August 24, 2023

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ MAKE IT MUSICAL

HELLO DEAR FRIENDS!
We have a new birthday challenge up on SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY!
Jules is asking us to make it musical.  
I had two of the best in-laws anyone could ask for...and one of the many wonderful ways they were special is on our birthdays (adults and grands alike!) they would call us and both sing to us:  happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear....is it in your head now?  LOL

So fun to answer the phone to their voices singing happy birthday to us!

I had a very old set from PTI called Background Basics:  Sheet Music.
I stamped that with kraft ink and then I embossed my sentiment on vellum (Avery Elle:  Cake & Candles)  in red to make it pop, then I added some stars for fun!
Pretty simple, but effective!

I hope you will join us for this fun challenge, but remember if you are not a toppings person (make it musical!) you are always welcome to make any kind of birthday card!
Check out the inspiration from the design team and from our Special Party Guest Izzy (https://www.izzyscrap.com/)


Heart Hugs, friends!



14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

That background paper is perfect for this challenge

Linda said...

You painted a great picture of Elsa and Bill singing Happy Birthday, Col...
Lovely card.

Lisa Elton said...

Yes it's in my head!! Somebody out there has a birthday today though, right? This is terrific, Colleen and it sounds like your in-laws were too!

Izzy Scrap said...

Sometimes you don't need a lot of stuff to make a lovely and effective card, yours is a good example of it ! You made me smile because we (hubby and children) make the same than your in-laws when we call family and friends for their birthdays. Thank you very much for welcoming me to your team for the past 2 months, it has been a real pleasure !

Barbara said...

What a fun memory that you have of your in-laws on a birthday. A great addition to that special day that only they can give. I love the red sentiment on the embossed background.

Nancy said...

Love that your card brought up good memories! Great card, Coll!

Brenda in IN said...

A cute musical card and a wonderful tradition from your in-laws.

Marina said...

The vellum is a great way of adding the sentiment without hiding that lovely musical paper. Lovely card.

Bonnie said...

How fun that your in-laws would call and sing Happy Birthday to you, Col! It's in my mind! Fun card with the music background and sentiment on vellum!

JoAnn said...

Great card Colleen. The stamped kraft music background and the red embossed sentiment are perfect together. I like how you embossed the sentiment on vellum to go over the background.

JulieP said...

What a sweet story!!! And yes, I will most likely have the HB song stuck in my head today. LOL! Fabulous card for just about anyone!

shirley-bee said...

I was already singing along as I clicked on your card, Colleen, before I started reading your post! So it’s definitely done the job. I like how the red stars help balance the red sentiment.

Cathy said...

Great design Colleen, love the background stamp, we sing birthday wishes over the phone too :) Cathy x

Glenda J said...

Great colour combo and I love that you put your sentiment on vellum to highlight that terrific background.