One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, July 27, 2023

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ INSPIRED BY A BOOK

Hi friends!

Welcome to another SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE brought to us by Glenda

Because Glenda likes to read, she decided to use that for her challenge.  She says we can be creative and by inspired by a book cover, it's design, characters, the theme or the setting,  just have fun and join us.

I must admit to being stumped for the longest time trying to come up with something.  Then I remembered I had this Avery Elle set, that I am embarrassed to say it has not seen ink and I can't even tell you how old it is, but when I thought of it I ran with it!

Does it look familiar to you?  It is "Little Red Riding Hood"  I even incorporated the fox behind the tree...wait, it isn't a fox in the story, it is the big bad wolf.   OMG, my bad, but now it is all glued down so I am going with that cute little fox hiding behind the tree.  LOL  The tree is from The Greetery:  Fir & Foliage #1.  The stamp is Avery Elle:  Red and Goldie

I used a mini cloud stencil from MFT and also MFT grass stencil.

 I hope you will join me and the rest of the design team as well as our Party Guests with this challenge.

Izzy is our Special Party Guest for the next two months you can find her here:  https://www.izzyscrap.com/blogs/

 


Heart Hugs, friends!



15 comments:

Birgit said...

This is such a cute idea for a card based on a book. It turned out adorable! Thanks so much for the beautiful birthday card. So very thoughtful of you!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable, Colleen! I think your little fox is hiding from the big bad wolf!

Izzy Scrap said...

Adorable card with this cute little red riding hood ! You made me laugh with the fox, I'm sure it's her friend and he is helping her to find her way up to grandma's house. Anyway, together they are making a beautiful card. So happy to be guesting at STB. xx

Marcia Hill said...

Had to chuckle about the fox/wolf on your story card Colleen...too funny! But your card is absolutely ADORABLE and I knew right away that Little Red Riding Hood was the book you were thinking of!! What a fun challenge and you aced it my friend...fox and all!! Hugs. :0)

Linda said...

HaHa, it didn't even occur to me that you had the wrong animal. It might have at some point but who knows. Your little Red Riding Hood is just so cute and perfect in the little scene you created for her. Great coloring.

Tracy Grauer said...

That Little Red Riding Hood is adorable and her little 'fox' friend is way better than a big, bad wolf! What a fun topping challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wolf? Fox? - yeah, fox works ;) -- Cute Red Riding Hood too

Barbara said...

This is a funny story Colleen and I immediately knew the book as soon as I saw your card. So glad you remembered the stamp set. And I think that little Fox is when he was little before you got to be a big bad wolf.

Whitney Rau said...

"This blog is my go-to source for inspiration and motivation. It has helped me overcome challenges and push my boundaries in ways I never thought possible."
https://www.tryvoucher.com/all-stores

JulieP said...

Chuckling over the fox. I think it's perfect and I love your scene.

JoAnn said...

Oh Colleen, this is so cute, even with the cute fox hiding behind the tree. I chuckled when I read your post about the bear/fox. You created a great scene for Little Red Riding Hood.

Cathy said...

I knew it was little red riding hood and didn't notice it was a fox not a wolf lol! Such a cute card and great take on the book theme, Cathy x

Glenda J said...

Such a super cute card! Great little scene and fabulous cloudy background.

shirley-bee said...

Such a sweet card, Colleen! Fox/wolf - that’s exactly the sort of thing I would do 😄

Ashwini Rao said...

Never mind whether it's a fox or a wolf, they would both look adorable instead of threatening in this card anyway! I love this adorable scene!