One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

COLOR HUES #68 OLIVE & BERRY

Hi friends!  I am so happy to be playing along with Color Hues # 68 OLIVE AND BERRY
 
I went a little crazy making some cards and couldn't decide which one to post!
I am building up my stash, and I also wanted to try some techniques from videos I watched, so I have three cards (I actually made 4, but two are exactly the same!)

I made two of these cards, 
I pulled out a very old PTI set called:  Beautiful Berries:  Summer
I used an Altenew stencil:  Feeling dotty
PTI:  Just Desserts (sentiment)
The Greetery:  Crimped rectangle die
Inks:  CPD:  green tea, sangria, glam, eucalyptus


I watched a Gina K & Jennifer McGuire collaboration the other night and they used the Wreath Builder.
Jennifer showed how to use the wreath builder to make an A-2 size card...so clever!
Stamps:  Gina K Filled with Sunshine (flower, upper leaves and sentiment)
Gina K wreath Builder for inside branch 
Inks are again CPD all of  ones listed above
Pinkfresh bling for center of flowers


My 3rd card was actually the second one I made,
Stamps:  Impression Obsession:  thin stripes
Gina K:  Create Friendship Stamp (flower and leaves)
CPD Ink:  sangria, green tea
Gina K; Wreath Builder (sentiment)

I had fun playing today!
Started out the morning with PT for my shoulder, it is coming along nicely!!
then I played a bit, then I brought out my pressure washer because our cat tried to bring a gift to us in the middle of the night and left the remains on the rug at the back patio!
UGH!  It was a bunny!!   
so sad!
 the rug needed to be washed off!

And the neighbor dogs (that being my older daughter's two black labs!) got into a garbage bag in the garage and stained the rug runners we have leading up to the door.
so with the pressure washer and a little soap I think I got it all cleaned up!
then I ran an errand with my husband and we even had a little early dinner at a Mexican restaurant.

Came home and finished with the cards and now I am ready to post this, thanks for stopping by and having a look.  I hope you will be able to play along, the inspiration from the design team is...inspiring!!  Ha ha!



Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Karen said...

What a wonderful "play" session you had in the craft room. All of the cards are delightful, but I am partial to that CAS design. The dotted stencil is a great backdrop to the berries and (so perfect) sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Marcia Hill said...

Sounds like a perfect day Colleen (well, except for cleaning all the yuck on the carpets!!) and you definitely ramped up your stash with some beautiful cards!! I love the berries on that 1st card and how perfectly you lined up that 2nd step...mine never came out that good! I love the JM inspired cards too and loved watching her do that on the live...definitely need to try that out! And all these lovely cards with our challenge colors to boot...A+ my friend! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness are these ever pretty! I love them all, but the first one with those polka dots and pretty berries is my favorite! Sounds like you had a productive day!

Nancy said...

Wow, that was a busy day with some fun and not-so-fun mixed in. Poor bunny!! You certainly have some very pretty cards, here, Colleen! The wreath builder cards are really petty but there is something about those berries and how realistic they look that keeps drawing me in. The polka dots did it for me too! Thanks for such a wonderful post using my hues of colors at Color Hues. Have a great day!

Bonnie said...

Wow, what a busy day, Col! Love all three of your berry & olive cards! Great job on your wreaths!

Stef Perry said...

All three cards are wonderful, Colleen! And I think it's great that had the time and energy to make them after your busy day. Years ago I had a cat that did the same thing but it was always on our front porch. No fun to clean up, that's for sure and of course I always felt bad for the critter (usually a mouse). I agree with Nancy in that those berries look amazingly realistic and the polka dots seem like the perfect match for them! Thanks so much for joining us a Color Hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

Colleen all three (four) of your cards are stunning. Your first card is lovely with the berries but what you did with the wreath building is so fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!