One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Seize the Birthday ~ Circles

Hi friends!

 I am hosting this challenge at SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY.

I thought it would be fun to have you put circles on your card, one, two, or many!


I think I had a different idea when I chose this challenge, but when I went to make my card, I couldn't remember what it was I wanted to do! 😜 So, I used a Pinkfresh die cut circle (Braided Circles) and put it on a Gina K EF (Lattice).  The stamp that I colored is from Avery Elle: Best of the Bunch.

Our Surprise Party Guest is Izzy at izzyscrap.com please check out her card for more inspiration and take at a look at my teammates cards and be ready to be inspired by all the circles you see!

We have two other party guests to give you even more inspiration.  

Welcome to Andrea:  weeblueswirls

and Prudence:  Penguinparade on Instagram 

If you are not a toppings person, you can make any kind of a birthday card!

 

Friends, I found a NEW to me (one year old) stamp store! And close by, well, within 30 minutes or less!  I was so excited to find this store and touch and feel things in person, you know, up close and personal.  I found it by accident and then one day my husband had to drop off his truck and I had to follow him in the car and the stamp store was right across the street!  I begged him to let me stop and go in for just a minute or two!  Well, it was a bit  more than a minute or two, but I went back with my BFF and we both LOVED the store and the owner, Leslie is wonderful!  For those of you in the Portland Oregon area, it is called Cobblestone Creek Studios in Damascus.  And it is one of those stores you need to walk through 3 or more times to catch everything.  She carries a ton of Pinkfresh products and Honey Bees, and memory Box and just so many others I can't even remember!  So fun to actually be in a store again.  This is where I saw the Avery Elle stamp set and couldn't resist buying it, she had  several really cute clean and simple cards made with the items in this set.

Well, that is it for me, have a great day and make a circle birthday card!

Heart Hugs, friends!



14 comments:

JoAnn said...

Great challenge with circle/circles. Love the circle on your card and the sweet image you colored perfectly. The blue embossed background is a perfect match.

Lisa Elton said...

This is an adorable card, Colleen!

Nancy said...

Colleen, You picked such a great and easy topping which is going to be great! Your card is so darling. I am happy you stumbled upon that store, it sounds wonderful! I don't think it was there when we were there!

Loll said...

Awwww ... what a sweet stamp, Col! No wonder you had to buy it! :) Beautifully coloured and love it with the blue textured card base. Sweet!

How great to find a new stamp store ... most of the ones here have closed down. I agree, there's nothing like seeing what you are buying in real life. I'm sure you and Lin will be back visiting Leslie soon! :) xx

Bonnie said...

Love this braided circle and the sweet stamped and colored image, Col! How fun to find a craft store where you can see and feel the items. I wish we had one nearby.

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a great card! It's always nice to come across a fellow Oregonian! I definitely see an outing to that store in the future! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

Hi Colleen thank you for picking a nice easy topping for this next challenge. To go overboard with my circles but it was fun for me. I love your card and the simple and cute stamping that you colored in your circle.

JulieP said...

Oh my goodness!!! Those mice are precious!!! And makes for a special card. (I love your Topping choice.)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute! Those images are adorable

Trina P. said...

So pretty and beautifully coloured. Great challenge, too.

Brenda in IN said...

I love that beautiful circle and darling stamp. What a great card! It's wonderful to be able to go into a stamp store and see everything in person.

Linda said...

Col, your card is adorable and beautifully colored. I love the soft blue you used. I think we are due for another trip to Cobblestone Creek. That was so much fun.

shirley-bee said...

Haha, I’m glad I’m not the only one who has great ideas and then can’t remember what they were 🤣
Love your cute critters, and the pretty braided circle diecut.

Glenda J said...

This is so lovely! The lattice background goes so well with the circle die. Cute image too.