One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, April 27, 2023

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ BALLOONS

Welcome friends to the SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY CARD CHALLENGE!
This challenge is brought to us by Vicki and it is all about BALLOONS!


Balloons are so festive and fun and bring so much color to a birthday party!
It kind of looks like these balloons "got away"...floating in the sky!
 
This is GinaK:  Vertical Variety stamp & die
MFT:  cloud stencil

I really enjoy having this vertical sentiment (and all the others in the set).  It is just what I was missing and sometimes, it just needs to be vertical, right?

Well, whether you stamp, color, stencil, I hope you will join us with your birthday balloon cards!
And if you don't want to use balloons, we are okay with that, just be sure it is a birthday card, because that is what we do here on the Seize the Birthday blog!


 
Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

You have made me want to go out and buy some vertical sentiments. I don't think I have any. It works so well on this card. Love your huge bunch of balloons, it reminds me of the time my daughter managed to let go of a helium filled balloon when she was about 8 and we were visiting London for her birthday. She was distraught, but it was a very long time ago now.Thanks so much for having me as your surprise party guest. I have had such a good time xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the softness of the clouds in the background. This is delightful, Colleen!

JoAnn said...

The floating balloons look great on the cloud background. Love the vertical sentiment too. Great card Colleen.

Barbara said...

I have vertical sentiments and forget about them. This card is so inspiring and I should get that stamp set out and make a card. I love the carefree look of the balloons floating high in the sky. Although the person that lost them is probably not happy.

Loll said...

Your fun and colourful balloons looks fabulous against the sky background. Agree, sometimes a vertical sentiment is needed. xx

Nancy said...

Colleen, Great balloons and soft sky! Excellent birthday card! Have a great weekend!

Bonnie said...

Love your bright and beautiful balloon bouquet, Col! So festive and fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun bouquet of balloons floating in the clouds 😊

JulieP said...

Great combination of vertical elements!!! Very, very fun!

Ashwini Rao said...

Ah, the balloons have found freedom!! :D Love all the colors making the card so cheerful. And the vertical sentiment as well - unique and definitely perfect for this card! Great card, Colleen!

Cathy said...

I agree, the vertical sentiment is perfect, as are those colourful balloons, love the cloud background too, Cathy x

Linda said...

Your floating balloons are so cute and your vertical sentiment is perfect. Great card, my friend.