One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, May 11, 2023

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ WHEELS

Welcome friends to another SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE brought to us by Jules!
The prompt is WHEELS!! 


I do have a bicycle that of course has wheels, but I decided to think outside the box!  (unusual for me. LOL)  anyway, when I put wheels in my search at Evernote, it came up with pinwheel!!  Perfect!!
This is a stamp, die and stencil set from The Greetery:  Pinwheel Party!
I ended up going to town making quite a few since I had it out and really I have not stamped much since Feb 15 when I had a rotator cuff surgery for two tears!~  I had to wear a sling that was velcroed to a cubed base that was around my waist!  Yes I even had to sleep with it for a couple of weeks, then I just had to wear the sling for another 4 weeks.   I am now done with the sling and doing my exercises in order to get movement in my arm.

This is what the sling looked like!
This was a surprise birthday dinner for me back in March.
Not all of my grands are present, 5 of the 7!

Now back to the cards:





I did NOT do all of these at one sitting, and two have already been mailed out!
And now it is time to go rest this arm.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are inspired to play along with this challenge and be sure to check out the design team and also our Special Party Guest Bonnie, you can find her HERE!  And also our overall winner is Carol, and her fabulous card can be found HERE




Heart Hugs, friends!



16 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! You really did go all out with those pinwheels Colleen! And I love, LOVE each color combination! So great to have a nice selection of birthday cards in your stash too...you definitely nailed this "wheel" challenge my friend! Glad to hear the sling is gone and you are working on getting movement back, and I love the picture of you and 5 of your grands!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you are out of the sling and healing, Col. Don't overdo it now. I LOVE all your different colored pinwheels and layouts! What fun and fantastic birthday cards, my friend! Thank you for the warm welcome to your "birthday party"!

Lisa Elton said...

What fun and festive wheels you chose! These are all terrific, Colleen. So happy you're on the mend and rid of the sling! Cute pic of you and your grands ;)

Vicki Dutcher said...

You’re a trooper! I think I would feel claustrophobic having it tied to my waist. Great job on the cards very celebratory looking.

Loll said...

LOVE all your pinwheel cards Col! Each one is so pretty ... the colour combinations are beautiful. And great designs for each. So happy you are well on your way to a full recovery, my friend. Take care. xx

Brenda in IN said...

These are happy cards with gorgeous colors. I love your take on wheels. Great picture of you and some of the grands. I'm glad you are finished with the sling and I know you are! You are free!

Linda said...

You really did go to town with this spinwheel set. Fantastic cards my friend.

Barbara said...

You really did go outside the box with this one. What a lovely surprise and so many great and fun cards.

JoAnn said...

Wow, you really did go to town making those lovely pinwheel cards. Love them all. Glad your shoulder is doing better and it is all behind you now. Take care.
Enjoyed the photo of you and the grandkids - a handsome bunch.

Cathy said...

These pin wheel cards look fabulous, love the colours and designs. Great pic of your family and glad to hear you are free from the sling, sounds like that's really worth celebrating, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Fabulous take on the topping and I totally enjoyed all of these cards. Cute pic of you with most of your grands!

JulieP said...

Overachieving with a sling. Wow! I do hope your shoulder is better. I have pins in mine so I can commiserate. These are fabulous and I love your out of the box ideas!

Ashwini Rao said...

Glad your shoulder is better now. Do take care and I hope it goes back to how it was soon!
I like the out of the box idea of using pinwheels, and the cards all look so awesome, Colleen! The colors and the arrangement are all fantastic!

shirley-bee said...

Fab collection of pinwheel cards, Colleen! I love all the different variations you made. I’m glad your shoulder is healing and that the sling is off.

Vikki H said...

Look at you and your grands! So glad they could treat you, sling and all, for your birthday. Love the pinwheels which are so perfect for birthdays!

Glenda J said...

These are all so fantastic!! Love the colours and layouts.
Glad to hear you are healing well.