One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, July 21, 2022

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ PURPLE ~ BLUE ~ GREEN


Hi friends!
I am the hostess for the Seize the Birthday Challenge this time!
I had to really put on my thinking cap to try to come up with something different, but not totally off the wall!  LOL
I was playing around with colors and realized how much I love purple, blue and greens together and usually we only select two colors.  So my challenge is to use all three of these colors!
And you will be amazed at the diversity of cards made by the design team and our special Party Guest Karren:  Stamping Stuff with these three colors!




This is a new set being released from Pinkfresh Studios, however it was a part of the Create & Connect Class from last May.  It is called Butterfly Garden! 
I first blended some DOX inks:  cracked pistachio, wilted violet and salty ocean onto my PTI linen card stock.
The set has stencils, dies and stamps and I used all three for this card as well as the same colors mentioned above.
I am excited to see what you make using these three colors!



 
Heart Hugs, friends!



16 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Another beauty Colleen! I love your color combination, and you've used it to perfection on this soft and lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty flower garden, Colleen! This is s lovely card!

Loll said...

You've created the most beautiful garden with this fabulous colours, Col! Love the soft background to match. xx

Darnell said...

This is a gorgeous NBUS Pinkfresh set, Col, and I love the purples, blues, and greens! It's a fav combo of mine, too, so I love the theme you picked and hope to join in! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

You are right, this is a great color combination and your card shows it. The flower garden is lovely and those butterflies are in heaven.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So very pretty!!

Maria said...

Your butterfly garden card is so beautiful, Colleen!!

Nancy said...

Such a great color combination and pretty card, Colleen! I am super in love with the butterflies. Fun idea for a topping that should be popular!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Colleen, love the soft background with the pops of brighter colour, gorgeous garden scene, thankyou for a great challenge, Cathy x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Colleen and a great color combination. Beautiful ink blended background - it is perfect with that lovely butterfly garden.

Bonnie said...

This beautiful card will make anyone's birthday special, Col! One very similar but even more special made my day special!

Vikki H said...

What a beauty! This suite of PSF products was one of my favorites from the event.

Barbara said...

What a great job on the gradual shading on the background. Then the beautiful stamped images over the top makes for a fabulous card!

Brenda in IN said...

You chose a great color combination and stamp for this card. It inspired me just by walking through your garden here. No wonder the butterflies are visiting this lovely place.

Ashwini Rao said...

What a gorgeous card, Colleen! You've used the three colors to the fullest! Your little garden looks absolutely charming!

Glenda J said...

I agree with Ashwini - you absolutely used these colours to the fullest! Fabulous flowers and butterflies and the sentiment you used is perfect.