One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

COLOR HUES #45 PEACH & GRAY


 Hi friends!
Today I had a play date with my BFF, Lin.
She brought a stamp/stencil set I bought for her birthday and I played with it!
I bought it because I like it...I like Cosmos and I don't know why I don't have any growing in my garden.  I am going to rectify that for next year for sure!


This set is from The Ton called Climbing Cosmos.  It has a stamp, stencil and die.
I went with the colors from the Color Hues so I could play along.
I used some CPD inks: Bellini and Clay Mask, the leaves are Twilight!
My sentiment is from PTI: Keep it simple: Praying for you (white embossed on PTI weathervane CS)
the background is a hot foil plate from Pinkfresh called lush vines and I used it to emboss the background paper.
 
 Thanks for stopping by!
Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! This is GORGEOUS Colleen!! Don't you just LOVE The Ton stencils???!! I only have one because of the higher price point, but I drool over all the different ones they have!! But anyway, your card is absolutely beautiful, and just perfect in the peaches and grays! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful use of the colors, Colleen this is a marvelous card! Love the subtle detail in the background!

Karen said...

This is just beautiful! Those peach florals are gorgeous, and Lush Vines makes a wonderful background! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Loll said...

What fun to have a play day with Lin. :) You've made a fabulous card using the peach and gray colours. I LOVE cosmos, but don't have any in my garden either. What the heck??!! :) xx

Nancy said...

This is one sensational card! I can certainly see why you wanted to play with Lin's new goodies! I love the subtle background too! So happy to see this in our gallery at Color Hues! Take care!

JoAnn said...

This is gorgeous Colleen. Love your pretty peach flowers and they look great against the gray background.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful stamp, Col! I love these flowers in this soft peach with the gray background!

Tracey McNeely said...

Colleen this is such a beautiful card, your cosmos are so lovely! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is a beautiful card, Colleen! Your Cosmos are lovely! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very beautiful card! Love the textured background! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!