One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, April 28, 2022

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ WITH A HUMMINGBIRD!

Hi Sweet friends! We are here with another SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE and this one is brought to us by our wonderful leader, Nancy!  She wants us to use a butterfly or a hummingbird on our birthday cards!

I made a couple of "hummer" cards for you today!


Both cards use an older set from PTI:  Humming Along!

The sentiment is from Colorado Craft Company: Birthday Wishes


The beauty of this set is the flowers and the two sizes of the hummingbirds are all included in this set!  And they all have several layers of stamping to add to the dimension of the images!

The petunia are the flowers in the first card with the smaller of the hummers, the second card uses the wonderful Fuchsia flower and the larger of the two hummers.  

On this second card, I also used a background plate from Pinkfresh Studios: Lush Vines and the sentiment is from The Greetery:  Sentiment Suite: Birthday

I hope you will play along with us and show us your butterflies or hummers!

If you are not a toppings person, then you are always welcome to make any kind of BIRTHDAY card!

the design team have some awesome cards for your inspiration along with our Special Party Guest Deepti!  You can find her blog HERE

 
 

Heart Hugs, friends!



18 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

The hummingbirds are so pretty and they are the most awesome birds. So tiny and sweet. I am in love with those purple flowers, just beautiful.

Nancy said...

Two SENSATIONAL cards, Colleen! Love the bold and beautiful colors!! Well done once again! Hope all is well!

Barbara said...

Colleen, these are tremendous cards, so glamorous too. I love the layered stamping to make the elements look so real. A great job for this challenge and I like to see that you are using older stamp sets.

Darnell said...

You can imagine how much I love your beautiful hummer cards, Col! It would be hard for me to send either one of these ~ and it will be hard for me NOT to play in this challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

How I love this little hummer! They are such tiny wonders and he's so pretty getting ready to dip into the petunia! The second is beautiful too and so are the gorgeous flowers!

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply beautiful creations!!! Love your sweet hummingbirds.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty couple of cards - I do love the hummingbirds!!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Col!! LOVE the gorgeous flowers with those sweet hummers. xx

Linda said...

I knew you would use a hummingbird on your card. Two beautiful cards, my friend.

JulieP said...

These are gorgeous!!!! Now I need some hummingbirds.

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the pretty flowers and hummingbird.

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh wow!! Seriously gorgeous works!! I love the flowers and the charming birds on both the cards. Sigh.. too amazing!!

Bobby said...

I saw your card at STB and had to come take a closer look, Colleen. And to my surprise you have a second fabulous card. Those lovely petunias really caught my attention but the fushcia are beautiful too.

Cathy said...

Such gorgeous colourful cards, just like hummingbirds! Cathy x

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, Colleen! Love the look of those layered flowers!

Julia Aston said...

Two gorgeous cards Colleen! love the pretty hummingbirds and gorgeous blooms on both! xx

shirley-bee said...

They’re both fabulous cards, Colleen! I think the fuchsia card has pipped it for me 💜

Glenda J said...

Love these both! Great colours and layered flowers. So pretty.