One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, May 12, 2022

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ FAUX OR REAL STITCHING

Hi Friends, welcome to another Seize the Birthday Challenge!

Shirley picked our topping this time and she is looking for faux or real stitching on our cards!


I went with the faux stitching! 

 I pulled out an older PTI set called Quilted summer and inked up the pieces and put them together like a lap quilt.  I printed the sentiment on my computer and added the Gina K birthday sentiment and vellum shadow.  I love the color combination.

 

PTI: Quilted Summer

Gina K:  birthday die

I hope you will join us in the challenge and please check out the design team and our new party guest:

 Lorraine from Lorraine's Loft!

I look forward to seeing you in the gallery!

Heart Hugs, friends!



11 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, I would love to have a beautiful quilt like this. I really like the colors. Thank you, Colleen for the link offer. Once you commented I can click on your name and get here. It will be like that for awhile until everyone pops in. I did have to sign in the google again to comment though.

Barbara said...

Perfect way to show stiiching on a card I adore the quilt idea and patterns and colors are match well. This is a comforting and stunning card.

Nancy said...

Colleen, Your color combo is just perfect for your design. Anyone would love to cover up with this in real life. Great job with the topping! Have a great weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun quilted pattern - great use of colors too

Bonnie said...

I'd love to wrap up in a quilt this pretty, Col! A warm and cozy birthday card!

JulieP said...

I really thought these were patterned papers before opening the blog. Gorgeous colors and really beautiful card!

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card Colleen :-) the quilted background is gorgeous, the greens and purples are such a pretty combo :-)

Sorry it took me a while to pop by, I have been on vacation and just returned home :-) Thanks so much for welcoming me to the party! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Cathy said...

I'd love a pretty quilt like this too Colleen, gorgeous colours and patterns and perfect for the stitched theme, Cathy x

shirley-bee said...

Super stitched quilt card, Colleen! Makes me want to snuggle up with a warm drink :)

Ashwini Rao said...

I love the look of the quilted pattern. It really looks great with the different patterns on it. Wonderful card, Colleen!

Glenda J said...

This is so cool! What a fabulous idea. Love the colours and patterns you chose.