One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Shaving Cream with stencils

Hello friends!
I had another crafty zoom session with friends and we played with shaving cream and stencils.
We learned a lot of what to do and not do.  
Some of mine were successful and others went into the circular bin!
This one was a success:

I used an Altenew Stencil: Wonderful Wreath and applied the green shaving cream to the stencil.
I did have to selectively pick up the shaving cream so as to get lighter and darker shades of the greens.
After doing one stencil I discovered it still came out almost in one color with just slight variation, so I did another stencil and applied darker greens to that one.  Then I fussy cut the darker stencil apart and applied it on top of the other stencil.  I actually really like how it came out and I love the added dimension by adding the cut leaves.  I then decided it needed some red berries, so I put down some more shaving cream and added red and pink reinkers and placed a piece of paper right into the foam like you would for a background.  After it was dry I used a hole punch to get my circles, again I was able to get a variation of color by not mixing the ink colors too much into the foam.

I then tried a background stencil from Gina K: Festive Flourish and used red and purple reinkers.
And one more:

For this card I used a balloon from Sunny Studios: Balloons
And from PTI: Balloon strings
Avery Elle: Cake & Candles (sentiment)
 I hope you will give your stencils a try with some shaving cream and re-inkers!


Heart Hugs, friends!



8 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful - love the effects you got with the shaving cream and reinkers! Great idea to fussy cut the darker leaves and add them to the lighter wreath - wonderful dimension and colour variation. I must try this technique soon!

Bonnie said...

An interesting technique, Col! Love that gorgeous wreath and the pink shades that made two beautiful backgrounds!

Christine Alexander said...

looks like fun, on my list to try. love your cards :)

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE your "success" card Colleen...truly a beauty!! And your other 2 are so bright and fun with those colors...they made awesome backgrounds! Guess I need to get busy and post mine...I had some success's and some that went into the circular file too! Always fun to try and experiment though! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

The ones that worked came out beautifully. I love the colors shaving cream make together. I just made a card very similar to your first one but using a stencil would have been easier. That Gina K stencil is so pretty with those festive colors.

Julia Aston said...

Great results with the shaving cream through the stencils Colleen! I laughed with your manipulations to get the darker greens! Your wreath stencil is gorgeous and the next two cards are so pretty in the red/purple colors! xx

Loll said...

Wonderful shaving cream technique cards Col! I LOVE your wreath ... that sounds like it was a lot of work, but so worth the effort when you end up with a STUNNING card like yours! Great work! The red and purple look so pretty on your two other cards. They are both uplifting, fun designs! xx

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards using the saving cream technique, Colleen!! Gorgeous color and great design!! Two amazing cards!!