One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, December 6, 2020

A December Birthday~

I have a very sweet aunt who will be turning 97 this Friday, Dec 10th.  
She is the last living sister of my Mom's.
She moved into a senior living facility this last fall and
I think she is not liking it so much.
She would love to "go home".
I send her lots of cards, just to keep in touch and to let her know I am thinking of her.
I pulled out The Greetery to make a special December birthday card:

This is what I used:
The Greetery:  Merry Sprigs
The Greetery: Botani Cuts Pine Bough
The Greetery:  Written in Ribbons
The Greetery: Wood Slices
Concord & 9TH:  Buffalo Plaid
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
CPD Inks



Heart Hugs, friends!



5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your aunt will love this cheerful card, Col! I recently talked with my last aunt who is also in a home and with the lock down, it's so lonely. She tells me how much the cards cheer her up. I hope your aunt has a wonderful birthday!

Marcia Hill said...

It's beautiful Colleen and sure to brighten up your aunts day! LOVE the plaid background...it makes all your lovely greenery just really pop!! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

I know she appreciates getting all those lovely cards from you. Not being in your own home would be so hard. This is such a pretty card and the love the red plaid as a background for the springs of evergreen and flowers.

Loll said...

Beautiful birthday card for your aunt, Col! 97 ... wow, that's wonderful. Sorry she's not liking the home she is in, but I bet your cards brighten her days. xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is beautiful, Colleen, and I'm sure it will put a smile on your Aunt's face. I'm sorry she's not happy in her new home. I hope she will come to like it in time. Stay safe, my friend!