One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Using some NBUS stamps for a scene

I had in my mind a scene using a stencil, but I couldn't find a stencil for the scene I was thinking about. 

As I looked through my stencils and even my dies, I spotted this large PTI mitten and the light bulb came on!  So I started to lay out my scene.   I knew I wanted to use this bunny on the sled from Purple Onion Design and I had just received the Hero Arts Winter HeroScapes stamps and also a Catherine Pooler Nordic Borders for the mitten wrist.  I stamped and colored the bunny first, then masked him/her (*wink) and then started layering the trees from the HA stamp set, and that includes the snowbanks, that I did add some coloring too.  I also sponged on some of the blue for the sky and added little snow drops from a pen.  The mitten is adhered to a card that was embossed with snowflakes.  I am so happy with how this turned out.   I love it!  My husband thought this might be my best card I have ever made!

A crafty friend gave me a couple of the green embossed fir branches (thank you, Greta!) and I used that at the bottom.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!


Heart Hugs, friends!




7 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Fantastic scene, Colleen. It all blended together so beautifully and he is sledding right past the trees and down that snowy hill. Cute idea to put it inside the mitten!

Marcia Hill said...

I agree with your hubby Colleen...it's FABULOUS!! Sometimes I think we forget how to mix and match with our stamps and dies and just how beautifully they all can work together! This truly is a sweet, SWEET card my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

I think your hubby may have hit the nail on the head here, Col! Wow! This is awesome! The mitten made the best way to show off this lovely scene! Love that bunny!

Trina P. said...

Your hubby should make cards... or at least design them! 😉 The winter scene within the mitts is awesome and adorable.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I have this mitten but never thought to do this with it. This is genius, Colleen! What a fun, wintery scene. I love it!

HilaryJane said...

What a clever idea, the finished scene is fantastic xx

Kelly said...

This is brilliant and beautifully done!