One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, November 19, 2020

TWOFER CARD CHALLENGE #33 ~ STARS

Hi friends!  I have two cards for the TWOFER Card Challenge.  

The prompt is STARS!

I started my first card by stamping the stars and embossing with white...I wanted a nice night sky to show off the little dipper and the heart and the other stars in the night sky.  Then I layered a piece of Hero Arts Rolling Hills Window die over the top.  I added a little deer from HA Fuzzy Winter Animals.  A little bit of Nuvo glitter accents was added to the snow banks and the trees for some glistening snow!

The sentiment is from HA Monthly Kit.


 

The first thing I said to myself when I saw the heart was "I heart you!"

So I stamped and white embossed the letters from PTI HEADLINE Alphabet then added different shades of DOX blues for my background.

While I had the stamp set out, I decided to make a baby card with it:


 I just love these little bunnies looking up at the sky and thought it made for a perfect "welcome to the world Little One" card! 

The stamp set is Lawn Fawn:  Upon a Star

The sentiment is from PTI: Boutique Borders: Baby

 
The Challenge goes until the 24th so you still have time to play along!
 

Heart Hugs, friends!



6 comments:

Darnell said...

You've created two terrific designs to make three charming cards, Col! I love the aperture design with the night sky showing through. It's adorable whether punctuated by a little sweet deer for Christmas or little bunnies for a new baby! It really showcases that awesome constellation star stamp! Then I think you were very clever to use the heart constellation part of the stamp for a separate love card design! The ombre blended panel makes the perfect background for it! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #33! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, a threefer! The sky is lovely on all of the cards and that heart is wonderful. The baby card is so sweet and the little deer is adorable.

Happy Dance said...

What an awesome stamp set to choose for the Twofer "stars" theme! I love those sweet constellations! Your Christmas (and baby card, too!) card has a delightful sky perfectly inked behind those white embossed stars. And I'm loving that you've used the 'heart' as part of your sentiment - clever girl!! Such fun cards. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...a threefer Colleen!! What a great stamp set to use for our star prompt and you've used it beautifully in all 3 cards! Love the Christmas and baby cards with the lovely night sky, and I really, really LOVE the I Love You card with the heart constellation and the gorgeous ombre ink blending! You definitely nailed this challenge my friend! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!! Have a great weekend. Hugs. :0)

Inkami said...

Beautiful colours on these delightful designs, the blends are so pretty paired with these fun images.

Bonnie said...

Three fantastic starry cards, Col! The night sky with the little dear is so peaceful! Love the simplicity of I heart U and the baby card is adorable!