One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, October 2, 2020

CAS MIX UP CARD CHALLENGE ~ OCTOBER ~ STENCILS

Hi friends, a new month means new CAS Challenges!  The first up is the CAS Mix-Up Challenge and this month it is all about stencils and the prompt is tone on tone!


This is what I used:
Altenew stencil:  leaf burst
Distress Inks: scattered straw, wild honey
Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing paste (mixed with DI)
PTI:  It's the thought (sentiment die)
 
There are two videos to watch for the Tone on Tone Technique, then there is one other one that is unique, this is my take on it, using the same stencil, but a few more ink blending colors.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Have a happy and wonderful weekend!

Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Viv said...

2 beautiful cards Colleen, the first vibrant and the second with a softer look, both equally appealing! Am so pleased that you joined in my challenge at CAS Mix Up!

Pat said...

I love the Altenew leafy circular stencil and the yellow tones with the darker for the stencilling is a super look. I love the second using this technique of crossing lines and the mix of softer colours...both cards are beautiful Colleen. x

Bonnie said...

Perfect tone on tone shades for Fall, Col! Love the bright burst! The geometric print is soft and pretty! Two awesome cards, my friend!

Marcia Hill said...

Two FABULOUS cards Colleen! I love the tone on tone look of your first card, and am really impressed by the more geometric look of the 2nd card! Obviously I need to watch ALL the videos and not just the short one! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards using tone-on-tone stenciling Colleen! The first card is so bright and fun with beautiful autumn shades of colour. The second is soft and delicate and I'm loving the geometric look. Great work, my friend! xx

Jo said...

Both cards are gorgeous. The first is so crisp and clean and the second is so artsy and soft. Great cards for the challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

HilaryJane said...

Two amazing cards, I do love that stencil. you have achieved 2 wonderful cards with it. That background technique looks really neat, I am going to have to give it a go sometime xx