One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, September 26, 2020

COLOR HUES #2

Hi friends, I am playing in the 2nd COLOR HUES 
Challenge!  I LOVE these colors, but even though they are a favorite I still struggled with inspiration!
One of those days I guess!

This is what I used:
Gina K stencil: ornamental fans
Memory Box: Large Antilles die
CAS-ual Fridays sentiment die
DOX peacock feather
PTI enchanted evening blue cardstock

I did add a lot of shine to this by using my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen on the all the dies!
Thanks for stopping by!
We have good air quality again!  Yeah, the winds and rain have helped clear the air.
And this week it is predicted to be in the 80's...well, better than smoke, for sure!
 
Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

This is really sweet Colleen! I'm hoping to play along using these colors too. What a great combination!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Colleen...I am loving this and would never have known you were lacking inspiration!! I have yet to use this stencil, but am loving it in the turquoise with the navy die cut and sentiment...just lovely!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

This is so pretty! I love that ornamental stencil a lot! So happy to hear that your air quality is better and you had some rain! Thank goodness! Thanks for playing along with us over at Color Hues! Enjoy the outdoors!

Bonnie said...

It doesn't look like you struggled, Col! This card looks inspired to me! Awesome stencil! I hope this weather trend continues for you.

Darnell said...

I would never have known you struggled with this beautiful design, Col! It is such a great combination of stencil and die-cuts in these wonderful blue hues! So glad to hear you can finally breath clean air and see blue skies again. You realize how much you take it for granted when it is not there! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

I love that stencil and how you used it. This is a fun color combination. I'm so glad you have clean air again. I wish we could have some of your rain. We haven't had rain since Aug. 19th. The ground has cracked and the grass is sticks. Daisy loves to roll around in it, it scratches her back!

Loll said...

Doesn't look like you struggled, Col! Gorgeous use of the colours. Pretty stenciled background and beatuiful flower. Happy to hear your air is better. We are having the same temps here at you are for the whole week. :) xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love your take with the challenge colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues!

Julia Aston said...

A lovely design with these colors Colleen - the darker die cuts look wonderful over your pretty stenciling!

Trina P. said...

I don’t see the struggle because this is absolutely beautiful. The stencil design is so pretty. Lovely soft ink blending.