One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Whimsical Wednesday and more

Hi friends, more inspiration from the Gina K YOUTUBE!
This was more ink blending, but using warm colors...like red, orange, yellow, etc.
 Although this one isn't warm, is it?  however I think the softer blue and lighter green appears warmer than the darker of those colors...
Gina K: Wild Blossoms
Verve:  Beautiful things (sentiment)


Okay, this is definitely warm colors, yesterday it was 87 degrees, today it is raining and maybe 65!
Gina K: By the Sea (chairs)
Gina K:  Country Roads (flower silhouette and sentiment)

And BECAUSE I received the GINA K "OCEAN MINDED" set, I had to make two special cards
The first one is for my daughter and SIL, their 21st anniversary was yesterday...she told me it is her most favorite card I have ever made her...I think because it is personal and also, she LOVES the beach!  I wrote in their initials with a copic pen...and footprints in the sand!
And one more for a granddaughter who will be 17 this coming Friday:
I decided to do a sunset at the beach...and I had her 2 black lab dogs with her, but they are already running off down the shore!  *wink
Okay that is all I have for today...for now at least!
Hope you all have a wonderful and happy weekend!

Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! These are all GORGEOUS Colleen!! The ink blending just never gets old, does it?!! I've been holding off on that Ocean Minded set, but now I'm thinking maybe it really does need to go in the cart! It would be a perfect go along set with the two By The Sea sets! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! :0)

Bonnie said...

Four awesome cards, Col! Love the blue and green that is so soothing and the chairs to enjoy the warm sunset! The ocean waves are beautiful and make me yearn to go to the beach! I wish I could sponge ink this smoothly!

Birgit said...

Four amazing cards here Colleen! Your ink blending is amazing and I'm so in love with the card with the Adirondack chairs. So peaceful.... The beach cards are fantastic! I can see why your daughter loves the card you made for their anniversary so much. It's sweet as can be.

Loll said...

Beautiful cards Col!! Gorgeous ink blending on all four cards! How special to make a personalized card for your daugther and SIL for their anniversary --- a lovely keepsake! And your granddaughter is going to love that rainbow sky! Great work, my friend! xx

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely stunning cards!!!! Not sure where to start, just love each one. From your gorgeous beach scene to your amazing inking! Really love them all.

Darnell said...

Thank you for this amazing inspiration, Col! You are really rocking Gina's video classes! I love the simple blended panels in such great colors and your two personalize ocean beach designs are really amazing!! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Colleen! Your personalized cards are absolute treasures for your family! Love the GK inspired cards--both of them! Can't beat an ink blended strip in my book!