One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, May 1, 2020

Merry Monday with Gina K with the Wreath Builder

 This last Monday was the Gina K Merry Monday day and she was using the new Wreath Builder Templates to demonstrate what the new template has to offer.  I do not have the new template (yet!)
But I managed to make a few cards.


 Gina showed how to make your own background paper and then to make a small wreath using the new templates...I had to use a pencil to make sure I was lining it up right and to die cut my stitched circle in the correct place...but it worked.  I did use a smaller fir stamp for the small wreath with the sentiment.  It is from PTI Tinsel & Tags Sprigs set.  And the berries my BFF found for me in a PTI stamp set called Sprig Wreath (because it was a small wreath, I needed smaller berries!)
And for this one I used lots of elements from the Wreath Builder: Holiday set and for the greens I mostly used Altenew inks (Green Fields Cubed inks)  except for one from Catherine Pooler inks...the eucalyptus color, I like that color!  The bow is from The Greetery:  Fit to Be Tied.

Gina did a demo, probably on a Wednesday a few weeks back again using the wreath builder, and I managed to get one card made using that one:
Okay, that is it for me, time to close up shop and sit and relax and do some knitting!

Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so many beautiful and wonderful wreaths! Love them all. Your first one is my favorite, so your festive stamps!

Bonnie said...

What a lovely variety of wreaths, Col! Good for you getting those Christmas cards in the stash and that Spring wreath is bright and cheerful!

Susan said...

Wonderful trio of Christmas cards, Colleen - looks like you don't even need the template to get a good result on the wreath ones. And such pretty colours in the non-Christmas card.

Darnell said...

Holy WOW, Col, your Fourfer is really sensational! Each one is prettier than the next until I was totally in love by the end! Thank you for all the gorgeous inspiration and ideas!! Take good care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Oh no--a new template?! I'll have to check it out as I do love your cards, Colleen! I especially love the one with the bow--need to case it! Glad you're all doing well. Not sure normal will ever feel normal again. Feeling very fortunate to be where we are. Sending hugs, Greta

Trina P. said...

These are so beautiful. You’ve just demonstrated that you don’t need the new template.

Janice Ashby said...

Love your wreaths, especially the third one. What company is the bow from?