One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, May 3, 2020

CAS Christmas May ~ Winter Berries

Winter Berries is the theme for our May CAS Christmas Challenge friends!
Loll is our hostess and you know she has something wonderful to show you as do all the design team members, so please go check out their cards!
I used an older set from PTI called Beautiful Berries Winter!
I stamped and masked the berry branch and brushed on some mint green ink (after masking the top and bottom of a portion of the card.)  You can't see the shimmer, but I added some clear Spectrum Sparkle to the frosty blue berries!  It really is quite shiny!

I hope to see you in the gallery joining us this month with your Winter Berry card!
And while you are there, look at all the team's cards and our special guest, Lynne, you can find her blog HERE!


Heart Hugs, friends!



15 comments:

JoAnn said...

I love your beautiful card Colleen. The blue is so pretty (and my favorite color). I have this set and will have to CASE your card if you don't mind. TFS

Linda said...

So pretty, Col. Love the blue berries with the mint green. So serene looking.

Christine Alexander said...

Colleen, gorgeous colour combo with the green and blue and so perfectly CAS :)

Bonnie said...

Beautiful blue berries, Col! Love how you've masked and put that soft color behind them! Wonderful layout and design!

Loll said...

Gorgeous winter branch Col! I love the masked strip with the light colour and shine. What a great design! xx

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card....love that soft sweet blue!

Trina P. said...

Oh so beautiful, Colleen. Love your colour palette, especially the blues. And I can imagine how pretty and shimmery it is IRL. .

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Winter berries, Colleen. It looks like a juniper branch with the blue berries. Love your non-traditional stamped blue Christmas sentiment that matches your blue berries. So pretty. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Brenda in IN said...

This is lovely, what a beautiful berry sprig. The colors are so soft and pretty, love this card!

Marcia Hill said...

I was so going to use this stamp set but you beat me to it Colleen! Haha!! But anyway, your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I love the colors you chose...so soft and elegant! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Darnell said...

How cool that you have a "winter berries" image, Col, and I love how you designed your card with it! Love the cool blues with the mint green and I can imagine how schparkly it is in person! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Susan said...

I always think "red" when I think of winter berries, but I love your choice of the blue berries. Lovely wintry colour scheme! A beautiful card!

Julia Aston said...

Oh, I have this set and have only used it a couple of times - this is SO pretty with the blue berries Colleen and the lovely mint green strip is beautiful! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - beautiful image and I love the colors you used, Colleen! Gorgeous font on that blue sentiment too!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love these soft colours! Beautiful card:)