One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Seize the Heroes!!

 

SEIZE THE HEROES


 Hello, Today the Design Team and I decided it was time to put the Birthday cards aside for a bit and focus on making some cards for our HEROES during this World Wide Pandemic.  Now, a lot of us focused on Doctors and Nurses, but there are many different people stepping it up and continuing to provide us all with what we need to get through this:

For instance, you could make a card for; Caregivers, Grocery Workers, Delivery Workers, Custodians, Pharmacist and even Teachers.  I added teachers as I have seen first hand how hard it has been on them to very quickly change to an online platform.  I am no way comparing what they do to doctors and nurses but wanted to give you all as many avenues as possible.


Also, MFT has made the Birdie Brown Doctors and Nurses set available in digital till the end of April if you want to go that route and I have linked it up for you HERE!





Our challenge will run like our other challenges and we will have a
 Winner's post on April 30th!

I am honoring a friend's husband who is a traveling ER Doctor...talk about being put in the trenches in a community other than your own!!

I know we all feel the same way...heart broken that so many lives are lost during this pandemic.
I am so very grateful to have my family close to me in Oregon where we seem to have it under control (for today, anyway!)  We are doing our part, staying home, and isolating from neighbors,  friends, our church family not to mention our own family.
It seems my whole day is a daily prayer for this pandemic to be under control.
Please be safe friends and in the meantime, we would love for you to join us in making a card for any heroes in your life!

See you in the gallery!

 Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Barbara said...

It looks like we all made really good use of these free digi's. So nice to receive them free and send them off to deserving Healthcare workers.

Lindsey said...

This is a great card, and also great that you already have someone specific in mind for it. Love your colouring!

JoAnn said...

Great card Colleen. Glad you know someone specific to send it to. It was very nice of MFT to share these images and I know a lot of people will be making cards and sending to heroes in the healthcare and other fields.

Bonnie said...

Oh my, a traveling ER Dr. truly is a hero! This is such a sweet card and I know will be appreciated! I'm glad you and your family are all well. So far so good with us too. If people won't get too impatient, we can beat this, one prayer at a time!

Marcia Hill said...

Awesome card Colleen! I printed up a bunch of the images too but struggled with the printer ink blurring when I colored with my Copics. You must have the magic touch or better printer ink because your image came out perfectly and colored beautifully!! I have sent off over 30 cards now for our local hospital, but you are so right that there are many others out there putting their lives on the line for all of us too! My days are also one loooong prayer and I hope too that we are in the process of beating this pandemic down! Take care my friend and continue to stay safe!! Hugs. :0)

Kim Heggins said...

Simply sweet card Colleen, love your wonderful doctor image and how thoughtful of you to think of your husband's friend. Can't even begin to imagine being on the front lines of this. I have so much respect and admiration for them.

Nancy said...

Oh Colleen, This is such a sweet card and I know he will be so appreciative when it arrives! I'm glad you and your family are all well. I pray that the world is healed soon and for everyone's safety! Thanks for your giving heart!

Stef Perry said...

I think it is wonderful that you are giving your sweet card to a traveling ER doctor, he truly is a real hero. Such selfless work. Stay safe and healthy!!

Loll said...

Fantastic card to honour your friend's husband, Col! He will love getting this card! This is a great challenge! xx