One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, February 2, 2020

CAS MIX UP CARD CHALLENGE February

I decided I really want to make more of an effort to play in all the CAS Challenges, so I am starting off with February and CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.
This is a NBUS die although to be honest I have had it for awhile!  It reminds me of the dandelion wishers we would pick and blow the seeds all over the lawn!!  I bet my parents loved us for doing that!
And it is a PoppyStamps die called "Dandelion Stems"!!
I cut it out using some Avery Re positional paper and adhered it carefully to my cardstock, then I ink blended with brushes using DOX inks.
I added Birthday wishes which is a die from CASual Fridays and then I stamped and white embossed "for you" (a Sweet n Sassy stamp set was sitting on my desk called All Wrapped Up and it had the perfect "for you" that I needed!
1. made a stencil from a die cut
2. stamped
3.embossed
4. ink blended 
Okay one down a few more to go...I really want to give the CAS stencil a try too!
Hope you all have a great week.
I am getting called in to the TV room to watch something with DH!
Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

This is sweet and I remember blowing those all over the yard too! I love the combination of colors and using repositional paper is a great idea for the stenciling.

Marcia Hill said...

Your card turned out beautiful Colleen and I remember blowing those dandelions all over as a kid too! Great die to use to make your stencil...I need to get busy and play along with this one too! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

What a pretty dandelion and gorgeous rich, blue ink blended background, Col! Kids can't resist blowing those seeds! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jo said...

Superb ink blending making that dandelion extra special with a gorgeous background. I love this flower. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely bending for your pretty dandelion and lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

This is such a happy, bright card, Col! Makes me long for spring, which is hopefully not too long away. Gorgeous design, colours and techniques. xx

Unknown said...

If you're trying to lose weight then you certainly need to jump on this totally brand new personalized keto diet.

To create this service, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and professional cooks united to provide keto meal plans that are productive, decent, cost-efficient, and satisfying.

Since their first launch in early 2019, hundreds of clients have already transformed their body and health with the benefits a proper keto diet can offer.

Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones provided by the keto diet.