One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, January 30, 2020

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ Creatures great and small

Hi friends!  Welcome to another Seize the Birthday Card Challenge where it is all about making your birthday cards!!
Cathy is our hostess and she would like to see "Creatures Great and Small".
I have a "great creature" who is rather small in this drawing!  hee hee
I borrowed a die from my friend Marcia about 3 years ago on a craft retreat and cut out several.
This is my last one...I smooshed it into some DOX blueprint sketch ink because I cut them all in white.  I cut a scalloped background and sponged on some clouds from a mini MFT cloud stencil. (I know you can barely see it, but in real life it is evident!).  I fussy cut the bear so I wouldn't have any white edges and I cut off the balloon so I could raise it above the sentiment.  I colored with copics and then for the balloon I added some NUVO crystal glaze.
So friends, this is my creature for this challenge!
Please join us with a birthday card and if you don't want to make one with a creature, that is okay, you are always welcome to make any kind of card as long as it is a birthday one!
                     

I will look for your card in the gallery, in the meantime, check out the rest of the team and our Surprise Party Guest Joyce from Cards by the Sea

 Heart Hugs, friends!



11 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

He is a cutie all ready to party with his gift and balloon. I love that Happy Birthday circle where he lives.

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww…what a sweet little bear all ready to celebrate! He looks great surrounded by the circle die cut...did you want some more cut out? I would be more than happy to do that for you my friend! :0)

Lindsey said...

I love how perfectly your bear fits in the Happy Birthday circle! And what a great idea to extend his balloon just the right amount.

Bonnie said...

What a sweet creature, Col! Love the Happy Birthday circle and his shiny balloon!

Barbara said...

I adore how you snuggled that bear into the circle. Great look.

Nancy said...

Darling little bear holding his balloon! I can in fact see the clouds and love the added shine to the balloon. Great card and hope all is well with you! HUGS!

Cathy said...

Such a sweet card, the little bear fits perfectly into the circle, great idea to extend the balloon too. Love the pops of red and blue, Cathy x

JoAnn said...

Love that cute little bear with his balloon and present. I like how you did the die cut sentiment with the DOI and also the cloud background. Great card.

Loll said...

Adorable card Col! Love that sweet bear and he fits perfectly in the die-cut circle sentiment. Great colours! xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

A super cute card -- love the bear

shirley-bee said...

Late to the party... I love how you extended the balloon string so you could take it outside the sentiment frame.