One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

the Coloring Challenge Road Trip ~ Day 1

Color plucking friends is what it is about on Day 1 of the Road Trip Coloring Challenge by Kathy R
She asked that we picked random colors of copics or other alcohol medium and try to blend, not to stay in a color family!  That is kind of scary...
Kathy always travels with a couple of E50's and her reinker, that is her go to color for having that white space...
So I picked a deep purple V09 for the center of the flower, then thought I would try blending RV55, I had to work it friends. I then blended that with RV00.
I must say I had the most fun with the leaves and was pleasantly surprised by the colors and looks of them.  I started with E50 at the tips, then I used G29 (pine tree green, pretty dark!) for the base of the leaves, (then to change it up for me) I went with a BG72...a nice medium blue green, kind of teal color and ended with G00 that I blended into the E50.
I had this small brick stencil sitting on my desk, so decided to incorporate that in my background.
This card is going to my dentist!
Back in December I saw him and asked if I could purchase 150 small toothpastes and brushes (you know the kind they give away at the dentist office when you get your teeth cleaned).  He said, "NO, I will give them to you!"  I wanted to purchase them for a Homeless Shelter we have called Father's Heart Street Ministry.  They serve a hot meal 5 days a week for 150 people and give them a sack lunch to take home for later.  On nights that get into the 30's the shelter opens its doors for about 40 to sleep in cots. What a gift to have a dentist willing to donate these items for homeless. 
As Matthew says in 25:40 "What you do for the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you do for me"!
https://www.onlinecardclasses.com/coloringchallenge/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2019/12/CCRT_participant.png
Heart Hugs, friends!



6 comments:

Kathy said...

Woo Hoo Colleen I am soooo proud of you for giving Color Plucking a chance and I so love how this turned out. What a beauty and your very generous dentist is going to LOVE It. Thanks for the shout out and for sharing!

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Col! You color so beautifully with Copics! I need to get a E50. I do love the look of it! Love your background too! The subtle stenciling and white on white die cut leaves add texture without detracting from the beautiful flower!

Patti said...

Colleen! this card is just stunning! I love your perfect coloring!! and I love the challenge of mixing these beautiful colors together. The effect was a HUGE success!! Thank you so much for sharing and all the best to you in being a part of the coloring challenge.

Wonderful card for a caring heart! I hope he is blessed as are the recipients of his kindness - and yours : )

Susan said...

Fabulous colouring! And gorgeous colours! Love the subtle brick background too.

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Colleen and your coloring is FABULOUS my friend!! Lovely, lovely card and YAY to you and your dentist for helping out the homeless and less fortunate...so glad there are people like you in this world!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

This is stupendous!!! You are on fire! Don't stop and yes the dentist is a gem!