One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, January 6, 2020

Christmas Kickstart and Just Us Girls

 I just can't help myself!  I love Christmas and I love making Christmas cards!
I am entering this card in a couple of challenges, the first is Christmas Kickstart, where it is about penguins.  And the second challenge is Just Us Girls and the challenge is snowflakes!
I blended some DOX for my background, tumbled glass, salty ocean and blueprint sketch. 
Colored the sweet penguin with copics and added some snow drops with Gelly Roll #10 pen (that pen is the best and makes awesome white drops! JUST FYI!)
The Greetery Frosty Flakes Stencil 
The Greetery Drifting Dies
The Greetery Nordic Frames
MFT Sweet Holiday Penguins


Heart Hugs, friends!



13 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a darling card Colleen! The scene your created matches the them and the graphic perfectly! If it was my challenge I think I would be a tad biased to this card! So happy to see you in our gallery at JUGS and thanks for opening my eyes to yet another challenge site that I had not heard of! HUGS and Happy New Year!

Loll said...

Adorable penguin!! He looks so happy to be out in the snow! :) Beautiful blended colours for your winter sky background, Colleen. Gorgeous with the snowflake framing. xx

Patti said...

So soft and dreamy!! I love the sweet face on your perfectly colored penguin!!

Hope you are having a wonderful week.

Patti

Marcia Hill said...

Oh boy is this card ever CUTE Colleen!! I love how you framed that sweet little penguin with the snowflake stencil...sooooooo pretty! I never get tired of making Christmas cards either my friend...but hey, we're going to be ahead of the rest come next December, right?!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

A super sweet and chilly scene, Col! Love the penguin and your stenciled and penned snowflakes!

Kim Heggins said...

This is absolutely adorable...just love your sweet penguin holding that yummy candycane.

Macimbalo said...

So cute! I love your adorable penguin and the snow is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at JUGS this week!

cm said...

Such a sweet scene with your adorable penguin and snowflakes! I wonder if he'd share his candy cane with me! Love this! Thrilled to see you in the JUGS gallery!
~carol

Trina P. said...

Oh my cuteness! Your penguin is so adorable and your snowy scene is absolutely beautiful. Love the colours.

Dotty Jo said...

So cute and I love that beautiful frame. Your card is simply adorable. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Corry said...

What a lovely card so cute
you also have a nice blog. I started to follow you. I want to invite you to come and take a look at my blog and maybe you would like to follow me too?
My blog is corryscardandcreations
Hugs corry

Kara Lynne said...

Such an adorable little penguin, Colleen! He looks like he couldn't be happier in that amazing, ink blended winter scene you created for him!

ionabunny said...

That is such a cute penguin and the snowflakes are gorgeous. Thanks for joining the fun at The Christmas Kickstart challenge. Hugz