One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, January 2, 2020

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ Layer it!

Happy New Year Friends and WELCOME to a NEW Year with Seize the Birthday!
We have a "new" look designed by one of our own:  Ashwini!  Don't you love it?
And Ashwini is our hostess this time asking us to LAYER IT UP FRIENDS!
You can add cardstock layers, stencils even stamping!  So give it a try and join us for the new year with a fun birthday card.  Remember you can always make any kind of card as long as it is a birthday card!
Please check out the rest of the team and our Special Party Guest Joyce from Cards by the Sea!
See you in the gallery!!
Heart Hugs, friends!



16 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

I've certainly been MIA with all the festivities, but so fun to come back and see your sweet card with the typewriter! I love the black, white, and red combination! Happy New Year, Colleen!

Bonnie said...

Your typed message is so clever, Col! I love that you had the perfect paper to pair with the typewriter!

JoAnn said...

Cute card Colleen. The pop of red typed paper is perfect for the cute typewriter image.
Happy New Year.

Patti said...

Oh this is too too sweet! I really love your vintage typewriter!! the addition of typed print was brilliant! : )

Kim Heggins said...

Simply fabulous birthday card...just love that typewriter, so cute!

Lindsey said...

Great card! I love that patterned paper paired with the classic typewriter.

Barbara said...

Colleen, I can see that this could be a quick card but still very creative and attractive too. It is awe-inspiring for me.

Ashwini Rao said...

Clever card, Colleen! Love that typewriter and how you've made the sentiment a part of the image, and also those two red script strips in the background. Very nicely integrated! I should remember to bring my washi/pp out like this, so thanks for the inspiration!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card -- I need to pull out my typewrite! ;)

Trina P. said...

Great card and thanks for the reminder that I have yet to use this typewriter stamp and die from SPD!

Cathy said...

Such a fun card! Love the typewriter and how you've added the sentiment, prfect dp as the border too, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Such a great classic card Colleen! I love that patterned paper paired with the typewriter. Boy have we evolved in the tech world. Have a great week!

Loll said...

This is adorable! I love the typewriter with the happy birthday message paired with the happy birthday wishes patterned paper. Great design with layers, Col! xx

TaeEun said...

It's a great CAS birthday card which would work as a masculine card! The background panel with all the birthday wishes is perfect!

Glenda J said...

This is terrific! Love the colours and the 'type' theme. Great CAS theme.

shirley-bee said...

Great card, Colleen! I remember the days of two-colour black and red typewriter ribbons, I’m older than I think 🤣