One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Northern Lights by Trina

Friends, if you haven't been to TRINA's blog and seen her fabulous Northern Lights, you must head  HERE.
I gave it a try, not perfect by a long shot, but rather fun and easy and striking to see!
I did as Trina suggested and spritzed some Mister Huey's Shine over it all, then splattered some gouache drops for all the stars one can see! (I imagine, as I have never seen the Northern Sky in person, it is on my wish list though!)
The die is from Tim Holtz called Tree Line.
Just spending some time in the craft room before I meet up with some friends from high school...that would be about 52 years ago!  I love these gals!
Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Colleen, I need to give this a try.Heading over to Trina's blog to check it out :)

Marcia Hill said...

SOOOOOO pretty Colleen!! Think I need to check this out...looks really FUN!! :0)

Susan said...

Great work on the Northern Lights technique!! Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

This is absolutely stunning Colleen! I love your beautiful Northern Lights, fabulous card.

Bonnie said...

I love your Northern lights, Col! Wouldn't it be amazing to see them in person! Until then, I'll enjoy yours and Trina's. Maybe I'll find time to give it a try myself!

Trina P. said...

Love these, Colleen! You did an amazing job capturing the brilliance of the Northern Lights... as I imagined them to be too since I have not seen them IRL either. đŸ˜‰ So happy to see you try this and thanks for the shout out.

Patti said...

Wow!! I have been honored to get to see the Northern Lights many times when we lived in northwestern Wisconsin. They truly are breathtaking to see. You did an amazing job with your cards... God would be so proud! giggles!

It is great to see you are enjoying your hobby! Have a blast with your young friends : )

Brenda in IN said...

This is so beautiful, Colleen. I was going to ask if there was any chance you could see them sometimes where you are. I've only seen them on TV but what a treat that would be in person.

Loll said...

Great work Colleen!! Trina is so talented and I have learned a lot from her. It was fun doing her double embossing at the craft retreat too! Your northern lights turned out amazing. LOVE all that colour with the silhouette of trees. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for the gorgeous Christmas card, my friend. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year to you all!! Love, Loll