One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, January 27, 2020

Christmas Card Throwdown ~ Embossed Impressions

I have another Christmas card for the Christmas Card Throwdown.  Thank you for the link to Jennifer McGuire's technique!

This is a wreath die from the Catherine Pooler Designs Winterhaven Collection.
I embossed it on Mixed Media Paper and then watercolored with distress inks.  For the white berries I used Nuvo drops...they are from the mistletoe!
I tried some splatters like Jennifer did and I don't really like how mine turned out.
She used a paint brush dipped in water and made her splatters.  Then she put embossing powder over the whole thing.  Wherever she didn't want splatters, she brushed them away with a dry brush.  And if any splatters were bigger than she wanted she could remove them also.  It was amazing that they powder adhered and embossed with just water!
Heart Hugs, friends!



5 comments:

A.Rose said...

This card is wonderful. I love the embossed wreath, colors and that bright red “Joy”. Thanks for joining us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

Bonnie said...

This is one of my favorite wreaths, and I love how you've colored it and inlaid it, Col! And the embossed splatters are awesome! I need to give that a try!

Goga said...

Fantastic wreath. I love clasic Christmas colours.
Thank you for joinig us at 52CCT. Goga

Loll said...

Beautiful card Col! Love this technique. The embossing really makes the wreath stand out. I have not heat embossed splatters. Need to give that a try! xx

Andreja said...

I like your card :-)) Great choice of how to use this technique.
Thank you so much for playing along with us on 52CCT!