One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Seize the Birthday ~ It's Just a Number!!

Hello Friends!  I am hosting this challenge over at Seize the Birthday and the topping is: 
IT'S JUST A NUMBER!
I hope you will play along with us, you are always welcome to make any kind of birthday card if you don't want to have this theme for your card!
My Grandson is turning 20 in just a couple of weeks, I think he will get a big kick out of this cards!
I used a free digi stamp from Gerda Steiner, love this big bear holding that yummy looking cupcake.
I used a big dot stencil for the background and some striped paper on the side!  How did he get to be 20 already?  It seems like just yesterday I was rocking him!  *wink
And please welcome our NEW PARTY GUEST : ANNIE !  Be sure to stop by and visit her and give her some love!
I will look for your card in the gallery!

Heart Hugs, friends!



14 comments:

JoAnn said...

That bear with his big cupcake is adorable. Love the design of your card with the dots, stripes and curved border. I bet your grandson will love the card.

Bonnie said...

This is a delicious looking cupcake, Col! My grandson just turned 20 too and it seems like only yesterday he was a tiny baby. Now he's a big strappin' boy/man!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the stripes, polka dots and your fun bear image. Happy birthday to your grandson!

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Colleen! 20??!! I so don't want my grandbabies to grow up because I love the ages they're at now (5 and 2) but I know each age is going to be fun to watch too! I'm sure your grandson will smile at this sweet card, knowing that his grandma made it especially for him! :0)

Brenda in IN said...

It may be just a number, but I wish mine was a lower number! This is so cute and a fun birthday card. I like the combination of stripes and dots.

Trina P. said...

Adorable card, Colleen. He’s going to love it. x
But I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that YOU have a grandson turning 20!... looking fabulous grandma! 👌😉

Barbara said...

Could that cupcake be any bigger? What a fun card and a great challenge. I sure enjoyed it.

Loll said...

Fun card Colleen! LOVE the bear with the giant cupcake! xx

Nancy said...

This is darling! That is how I feel about cupcakes too! I bet he loved it! Have a great Sunday!

Ashwini Rao said...

That's such a cute bear and that's one scrumptious looking cupcake! Love how you've combined it with the polka dots and the stripes. I bet your grandson loved it!

Cathy said...

Fun card Colleen, cute bear and I love the colours you've chosen, Cathy x

Lindsey said...

How perfect that a Seize the Birthday-er is using a sentiment like this! Great image too - an all over fun and fab card!

Maria said...

Oh, so fun with the bear and yummy cupcake! I’m sure your grandson loved this wonderful birthday card!

Annie S. said...

What a great birthday card for your grandson and I love that bear and sentiment! Thanks for welcoming me as the special party guest - I'm honored to play with one of the most talented DT's in blogland!