One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

CAS Watercolour ~ July


Special Event

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARNELL!!




One more part to this special event.
The team has made special cards for Darnell's birthday,
along with our Guest Designer Leslie,
and several Featured Designers (friends from the retreat).

During our retreat, Darnell (Dolly to us) was up early one morning
and decided she wanted some frozen blueberries.
Some how she spilled almost the whole, Costco-sized bag of
blueberries all over the floor.

Bonnie snapped these pictures.



See the swipe of blueberries on the right photo??  Dolly couldn't find a broom so she grabbed a large piece of card stock to pick up the berries.  As they thawed, the blueberry juice "smooshed" on the cardstock in a lovely design that looked perfect for card making.

Well, without Dolly knowing, we kept that piece of blueberry smoosh and cut it up.
Each Designer has used one piece in making Dolly's birthday cards. :)


I am SO HONORED to be a featured guest this month on CAS Watercolour Challenge so I can be a part of celebrating DARNELL'S BIRTHDAY!
  Happy Birthday TODAY, July 2nd,  Darnell!  I am over joyed that I can call you friend!!

I used WPLUS9 Beautiful Bouquets: Dahlia for my watercolour bouquet.
I stamped and embossed it with clear powder, then I used my Inktense colored pencils to color the bouquet.  I used the technique Darnell shared with us at the ESCR retreat in May.  
Water brush TIP to colored pencil TIP...what a great way to color and have some control!
I fussy cut the image and placed it on my card.


Friends, I hope you will join us this month and show Darnell some love with your Bouquet of Watercolour Flowers to celebrate her birthday!
 
Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

The smooshed blueberries make a fun background for your beautifully colored bouquet! xx

Marybeth said...

Oh Colleen I so love your card, and keeping the cardstock wasma brilliant idea! I love seeing this Picture of the birthday girl again too! Priceless ! Beautiful flowers on a blueberry background ! Happy Birthday to Darnell! Hugs my friend .

Marcia Hill said...

What a BEAUTIFUL bouquet card Colleen and it looks FABULOUS against that blueberry smashed background! Were you there when it happened? I can just imagine the shock on Darnell's face!! But what a great way to make something good out of that spill and I think Darnell is going to be so tickled when she see's what beauty we all created out of her mess! Lovely, lovely card my friend and I definitely need to try that technique with the water pen to the colored pencil tip! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Bouquet and love the trickling blueberries. this was such a fun birthday surprise for Darnell :)

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercolored with pencils fussy cut bouquet, Colleen. I am sure Dolly loved your card. Your bouquet is so pretty with the bit of blueberry smooshing in the background. I have been loving Dolly's watercoloring with pencils technique too. I am now using my new Derwent Watercolour Pencils because of our Retreat and Dolly:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

Gorgeous bouquet of flowers Colleen. Love those pretty summer colours with the pops of blue that work perfectly with your blue background. Such an amazing card for Dolly! xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful watercoloured blooms and they look perfect against the artsy blueberry background:)

Bonnie said...

Your little blue flowers are a perfect match to the blueberry background, Col! Love the yellow and blue flowers in that bouquet! We had such a good time together. Wish we could do it more often. Thanks so much for sharing in our celebration this month!

Trina P. said...

Oh how beautiful, Colleen. Gorgeous colors and watercoloring (my favorite way to watercolor now). Love how you used your blueberry piece. xx

Linda said...

So pretty my friend with your blueberry background.

Leslie Miller said...

What a lovely bouquet this is, Colleen! Beautifully colored and perfect with your smooshed background. What a fun idea this was!

Brenda in IN said...

What a fun thing to do and it is gorgeous.