One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

CAS Christmas July Challenge ~ Snowflake

Less than 6 months till Christmas friends!
I hope that you are inspired to make a Christmas card with a snowflake on it...if you want to get out of the heat, than try some snowflakes on your card!  Bonnie is our hostess for this CAS Christmas Challenge.
I die cute a couple of snowflakes and from the base card stock I colored some purple copics knowing that the die would cover all but the shape of the snowflake.  Then over the copic I spread some Nuvo glitter paste (moonstruck).  When it was dry I adhered the die cut paper over the top.  I embossed the sentiment with HA silver ep. I saw this technique HERE.
 
I hope you will go check out all the fabulous snowflakes over at CAS Christmas and be inspired to make a Christmas card!  I look forward to seeing it in the gallery!


Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

Maria said...

Wow! I love those gorgeous snowflakes!! Amazing card, Colleen!!

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic technique and especially perfect for snowflakes, Col! Love the colors and placement of them! They look icy and cool!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous colour for your snowflakes, so sparkly in the Nuvo glitter paste and love the embossed snowflake on the envelope :)

Loll said...

So pretty! Love the shimmer and shine from that gorgeous paste on the snowflakes. Beautiful card Colleen!! xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Colleen! I love the color on the snowflakes. I wish I could get into the Christmas card mode. Every year I say I am going to start early and I end up scrambling in December. Enjoy the 4th! Hugs, Sharyn

Brenda in IN said...

So pretty and just sparkles.

Trina P. said...

Pretty sparkly purple snowflakes, Colleen. Fun technique with beautiful results. Now to add Moonstruck glitter paste to my growing list. 😉 xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Definitely needed to stay out of the heat and humidity here, Colleen - happy 4th! Just love your glittery snowflakes - thanks for the inspiration!!

Susan said...

Love that glittery paste you used on the snowflakes - and gorgeous colours too! I must look for that Moonstruck paste!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet, sweet card. Love your gorgeous snowflakes, simply magical!