One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Stamping and bleaching with Susan

I have another technique that Susan showed us while at the ESCR retreat.
It was called stamp bleaching with Powdered Inks or Distress Inks.

This was done with powders like brushos and then spritzed, once it was dry I stamped the image then took a brush to it to draw the color out with the bleach.  I wiped off the excess onto a paper towel as I removed the ink.
 


 And this one I did at home using Distress Inks and a stamp from Hero Arts called Florals Nasturtium and removed the color with a brush used only for bleaching.  Did you know there is a "splashless" bleach?  New to me, but that is what I bought!  I also clear embossed this after stamping and before using the bleach.  You could keep your stamp in the MISTI and restamp it afterwards to redefine the image.

Well, I still have a few more techniques to share...but I will wait for another day. 
My granddaughter Ellie (the volleyball player) graduates from high school tonight

Here we are with her at a graduation party on Sunday!
She got a 4 year athletic scholarship to play volleyball at Portland State University.

Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Fantastic results, my friend! Love both cards! I tried it on a Distress Inked background and it really took the color off. I'm in the process of trying to watercolor the image now. Combining Linda's technique with Susan's. Maybe I'll get it finished soon.

Christine Alexander said...

they are both so pretty Colleen. I want to try this with the distress inks also :)

Marcia Hill said...

I love this technique and both your cards Colleen...the bleached image really stands out against those gorgeous backgrounds! I tried this technique yesterday and loved it...will probably post tomorrow! (Been having so much fun with all these techniques you gals have shared!!) Love the picture with Ellie and what an exciting time for her and your family! Such a pretty girl too...she looks like her mama!! :0)

Susan said...

Colleen, I'm so glad you liked my technique enough to buy the bleach and do more of it! Both of your cards are beautiful - wonderful colours on the first one and lovely shading with the Distress inks on the second.

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet photo and congrats to your granddaughter! Your cards are so beautiful...just love the gorgeous look you created.

Darnell said...

You rocked this technique of Susan's, Col! Both designs are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the happy photo of you two with your super talented granddaughter, Ellie! Congratulations to her!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Amazing cards with the bleaching technique, Colleen!! Two beauties!! Congrats to your granddaughter Ellie on her graduation and scholarship. Very exciting!! xx

Nancy said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! Congrats to Ellie!!!!!

Nancy said...

Oh and your cards are beautiful too!!!!