One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, June 3, 2019

Double Embossing with dies and Embossing folders

This was a technique that had my jaw dropping, I thought it was so cool and had me wondering how the heck did she do this?  This technique was from Trina and I loved it!
I made this card at the retreat:
Trina had the dies and the EF for us to use, we also had to use a piece of a negative masking paper, then we blended in colors in the center.  I added the sentiment when I got home.

When I got back to my BFF's house, we looked for dies and folders we could use.  I came up with a solid heart die (did I tell you the die needed to be solid?)  I used some masking paper and then I colored in the heart with blending brushes that Trina gave all of us at the retreat...I LOVE them, thank you so much Trina!

Well, that is it for this technique?  Do you think you will want to try it?

Heart Hugs, friends!



8 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Colleen all three cards were wonderful, I also loved this technique.
I'm still looking for a solid die to use for more practice :)

Loll said...

Your cards are all amazing Colleen!! LOVE this technique and will definitely be doing it again. There technique was so much fun to do at the retreat. I need to look for a solid die and then get creating! xx

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, these are so pretty. This is a new one to me and it made great cards. I love the black silhouettes against that bright yellow.

Kara Lynne said...

They are all gorgeous, Colleen! I love the technique! At first I thought the colored area was behind an aperture.

Kim Heggins said...

What a sweet trio of beautiful cards! Love that idea!!

Bonnie said...

Good for you repeating this technique after you left the retreat, Col! Fantastic results! I've not put mine on a card yet or had time to try it again, but I hope to. It was a fun technique!

Susan said...

I haven't had a chance to try that technique again, but must check my embossing folders and dies for things that will work. I love all of your cards using it - especially the one with the yellow background - beautiful with the black silhouette of wildflowers and butterfly!

nancy littrell said...

I also loved this technique. You have me inspired to finish my card front. I love all 3 of your beautiful cards, Col...but have to admit the 1st card with your sweet little mouse get well sentiment would make anyone feel better. Although...your sympathy card is filled with love and beauty too. Your sponged heart with our new makeup brushes is such a pretty thank you card too. TFS my friend. Hugs...