One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Seize the Birthday ~ No Topping ~

We have NO Toppings for this Seize the Birthday Challenge friends!
Anything goes as long as it is a BIRTHDAY CARD!
My BFF, Linda was so generous for my birthday, this is another stamp she gifted me!
It is Penny Black: Painter's Vase
I have made quite a few cards with this stamp...all with different sentiments because it is just so versatile!  With this one I added a little bit of copics to highlight some of the shading on the petals!
We both loved playing with this stamp set!
And now I hope you will join us in the gallery and make a birthday card!
See you there friends!

Heart Hugs, friends!



14 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Simply sweet....so in love with your vase filled with so many beautiful flowers!

Bonnie said...

Wow! This looks lots better than the ones I colored at the retreat! I'm thinking they're good candidates for the split cards, if I cut a lot out. Love this Col!

nancy littrell said...

Love how you colored your new tulips in a vase card, Col. Your highlights add so much texture and beauty to your flowers and vase. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Lindsey said...

Lovely card! The flowers are gorgeous with the extra bit of shading, and I like how the sentiment overlaps the vase.

Susan said...

Wonderful new stamp! Beautifully coloured flowers and great placement of the sentiment!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Colleen with that lovely vase of flowers and pretty colors.

tonilea said...

would love to see the other cards you did with this stamp. This is just plain LOVELY!!!!

Barbara said...

My favorite flower is the poppy. I have a few stamps, but I think this one is calling me. You have done a great job here. Loving the arrangement.

Ashwini Rao said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I agree with you - it is definitely a versatile stamp set - and I totally love your coloring!

Cathy said...

Beautiful CAS card, love the details on the flowers, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Lovely! You have done such a great job with your vase!!! The flowers look so realistic too! Great card!

TaeEun said...

Beautiful stamping! And the added shades on the flowers make the image even more realistic!
A beautiful CAS design, Colleen!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the vase. The flowers look so real!!!

Loll said...

WOW! AMAZING watercolouring and shading with Copics, Colleen. You have really brought this to life and it looks 3-D. Gorgeous card! xx