One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, May 3, 2019

Mother's Day cards...the day is just around the corner

I meet every Wednesday for Bible Study and the ladies always buy a card or two or I donate for someone we need to pray for and let them know.  So I was thinking, gosh, next Sunday is Mother's Day I only have this coming Wednesday to have some cards for the ladies...so here is an assortment of them and I used the flowers from Betsy's new collection from The Greetery called Fleur Impressions.  Just telling you they are from Betsy is enough to know that they are fabulous to play with and wonderful designs.  I hope you will go visit and see her whole collection...I will be adding moreto my collection for sure!





I used an assortment of inks...some of Catherine Poolers inks because you just ink and stamp once and the color is perfect every time.  However I did use some of the Distress Oxide inks and loved them also...in fact with the oxide inks you can stamp a lighter color on top of a darker color...did you know that?  So fun...now I am off to play with the trees!!

Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

Greta said...

These are all gorgeous, Colleen! I need to try that with my DO inks!

Sharyn Polesel said...

These are all lovely, Colleen! My goodness, you are on a roll. I really love that flower set, but everything Betsy creates is golden. She has also gotten me to start using my Distress Oxides. I'm happy about that because the colors are stunning. Can't wait to see what you do with the trees. Enjoy your weekend!

Brenda in IN said...

I am so happy for Betsy and her new line. These are all beautiful. Thanks for the tip about stamping over with oxides. The ladies will appreciate all of your wonderful cards.

Marcia Hill said...

These are ALL absolutely BEAUTIFUL Colleen and am SO happy to see you playing again!! Of course with such beautiful stamps from Betsy, it's hard not to play, isn't it! I have a bunch of her flowers stamped and die cut on my desk, but just haven't made them into cards yet! You must just be floating on cloud 9 this week after the wonderful news...I am just SO happy for you I could burst!! :0)

Darnell said...

These are all so pretty and so perfect for Mother's Day, Col! The ladies are so lucky to have your art to buy!! I'm so happy for Betsy ~ so much is already out of stock!! Thanks for the tip! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Oh my, Colleen........Six gorgeous Mother's Day cards. Your friends will love your generosity. TFS and see you very soon:-) Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Mother's Day cards, Col! The ladies will be so happy to get them! I never thought about the DOX inks showing a lighter color over dark. I need to try stamping with DOX ink!

Birgit said...

Oh my, these are all so beautiful Colleen! So glad you found time to get creative with Betsy's new stamps. Your cards are all amazing!!

Nancy said...

What a kind soul you are! These are so lovely and I am sure they went like hot cakes.

Julie L said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous, Colleen! I am waiting for these to go back in stock so I can purchase them myself! Thank you for the inspiration. : )