One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Seize the Birthday ~ Balloons!!

Yeah!  Another Seize the Birthday Challenge brought to us by Shirley!
She wants us to have balloons on our BIRTHDAY CARDS for the topping this time!
I used a stencil to make my balloons and then I used a stamp with stars and stamped over the balloons again using the stencil.
I hope you will join us and I will see you in the gallery!
Remember if you don't want to make a card with balloons, that is fine just be sure it is a birthday card!
This is what I used:  PTI  Birthday Balloon Stencil
                                 PTI Simple Impressions:  Celebrations (stars)
                                 PTI Banner Style
                                 Distress Oxide Ink

Heart Hugs, friends!



16 comments:

Susan said...

Love the way you put the stars on the balloons - so much more interesting than plain balloons.

Kara Lynne said...

Those balloons are wonderful, Colleen! How clever to use the stencil as a mask when stamping over the balloons with the stars!

Bonnie said...

Love these starry balloons, Col! Very festive and a great birthday card for a child or an adult!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous end result of your dual stenciling

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful stenciling and blending Colleen and LOVE the stars over the tops of the balloons...definitely a festive and FUN birthday card!! :0)

Birgit said...

What fun balloons! I love how you added the stars over the balloon with the stencil. I'll have to try that. Genius my friend!

Lindsey said...

Adding that little extra to the balloons was such a great idea! Such a fun and happy card.

Nancy said...

Love the added stars on your balloons Colleen! Such a great Birthday card! Hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day!!

Cathy said...

Great card, love the stencilled stars, such a great tip too to use the stencil to stamp over, I must remember this! Love the colours too, Cathy x

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your fancy balloons, Colleen! The stenciled stars are lovely as are the soft colors. Beautifully done! Enjoy your Mother's Day!

Linda said...

Hey friend, fantastic card with your stenciled balloons. Thanks for having me as the GD for the next couple of months.

Barbara said...

Great special Birthday balloons that you have designed! Would this be called double/layered stamping? Lol Whatever it is, I love this.

Ashwini Rao said...

What a neat card! Love the balloons and those little stars on them! That little extra adds so much to the whole card! Very nice!

Glenda J said...

I love how you added the stars to the balloons! So clever. Love the colours too.

JoAnn said...

Love the color of your balloons and the stars are a great plus. Great card Colleen.

shirley-bee said...

Oh, I love that you stamped the stars on your balloons! Great card.