One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, August 2, 2018

MIM ~ Creating Mixed Background Texture

Did you all see the video from Stephanie over at the PTI blog showing how she Creates Mixed Background with Texture?  Go check it out...it is pretty awesome!
I have two cards to share using this technique:
I stamped my leaves off the paper once and then stamped it on the card to give a little lighter inking.
Then I stamped my Botanical Bounty flowers and added some colored pencils to highlight both the flowers and the leaves.  I used the hexagon cover plate for the added texture
I liked it so well, I tried one more card"
this Beautiful Berries: Spring set has a small little cluster of flowers and that is what I used for the top background, again, I stamped it off so it would be lighter than the original bouquet.  I again used the hexagon cover plate and added a sentiment on a banner from Fresh Bouquet.  My bling is PPP marshmallow confetti.

And do you remember the birthday pop up card I made with an elephant?  Well, I made another one...
 do you see the top of the hand?  Any ideas what that might belong to?  I had to draw it myself...
The little monkey from Tremendous Treats...I thought it was so cute, I just had to use him holding the balloons and floating away.  I probably should have checked my position before gluing him down, then his hand wouldn't have been showing!  ha ha
Well that is all for me folks, time to relax for the evening!
Yeah tomorrow is Friday!  
I only have four more days to get my crafting in...then friends I am having a total knee replacement bright and early Tuesday morning.  I think I will be out of commission for awhile, so bear with me, I will get around to visiting when I can!

Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Birgit said...

What a treat to find not one, not two.... but three wonderful cards today! I am right on the same page with you that this was a fun technique and one I'm going to try again. I love both of your cards using Stephanie's technique. The one with the brightly colored flowers takes my breath away! Your cute monkey pop up card is so darling too. I'll have to look back now for your other pop up card. Somehow I missed JM video on these. Thanks for all the inspiration today Col! I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday and praying for a speedy recovery. (hugs)

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...you did go to town with this latest technique my friend! Both of your textured background cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Colleen...I can see why you made two!! And your pop up monkey card is just too CUTE!! I made one for Addy's birthday and will post it later...they sure are addicting to make, aren't they?! I'm glad you're being brave enough to go through with the knee replacement surgery and I'll be sending lots of prayers and hugs your way my friend! :0)

Loll said...

Great cards using the mixed textures background. What a great idea and I'm off to watch the video soon. Beautiful mix of gorgeous flowers and leaves for both of these cards Col!

That monkey is just TOO CUTE! What a great card that anyone would love to get. I made me laugh out loud when I saw him hanging from the balloons. LOVE the expression on this face.

All the best with your surgery Col ... sending love and hugs to you! xx

Christine Alexander said...

great layering technique and beautiful cards, thanks for the video link. By the way I love your monkey card, he's adorable.

Nancy Penir said...

Oh my goodness, what an awesome post! 3 gorgeous cards to enjoy! Love the monkey, but the top 2 are so pretty with their mixed bg techniques, just pure love! Praying all goes well with the knee! Hugs

Brenda in IN said...

Your flower cards are so beautiful. Sweet designs and so pretty and colorful. I LOVE that pop up card! Your monkey is adorable and your drawing of his little hand is so cute. Very clever idea. Now I am caught up with the surgery date.

Vikki H said...

A real treat to see three cards today! The flowers and leaves are stamped beautifully on your MIM entries! How adorable to see that little hand grabbing the balloon strings and a monkey to surprise the recipient. Blessings on your new knee and prayers for a strong recovery.