One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, August 27, 2018

Glitter Inlay~ MIM # 334

Lexi has a video HERE showing glitter inlay for the Make It Monday.  
It has taken me all day to make this card...I had a lunch visit with my dad whom I haven't seen since Aug 6th the day before my total knee replacement.  We have talked nearly every day, but he still gets confused.  My daughter had lunch with him last Friday and I sent her a picture of my knee after the staples were removed (29 of them!) and also one of me with the ice machine and the continuous motion machine.  He looked at it and said, "Oh I thought she was having ankle surgery!"  Bless his heart!  That trip wore me out, I needed a nap and more ice on the knee... then I came back in here to finish up this card.
Every day is better...the nights not so much!
PTI Shape Shifters: Square 1
Fence Line: Autumn
Autumn Pumpkins

Thanks for stopping by friends!
Hope you have a terrific week!

Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

It may have taken you awhile to make this card, but boy did it turn out pretty! I love how CAS it is with just a few pops of color...Fall perfection my friend!! Hopefully now that the first 3 weeks are over, your healing will go much quicker! It's so hard to be patient when you want to do things, isn't it?!! Hang in there and just know that I'm still praying for you and I know LOTS of others are too!! Love ya!! :0)

Nancy Penir said...

Don't know how you're doing it, but you're coming up with some beauties, Col. So glad you got to visit your dad, I know he's on your heart. Sounds like you're sticking to your therapy. And soon it will be over.
Meanwhile, love your fall themed card. And Marcia is right, lots of friends praying for a quick and complete healing and recovery!

Vikki H said...

Sweet design and lovely card! Wishing you a good recovery and peace of mind with your Dad!

Birgit said...

What a sweet card but even sweeter is your dad. God bless his heart! I was actually just thinking about him the other day and wondering how he was doing. So glad to hear he's still doing well. Hugs to you both my friend.

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet fall card...love all your wonderful images and of course...love that glitter.

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty harvest, Colleen! Love the shaped die and the glitter! I hope the nights get easier each day! Glad you got to see your Dad.

Brenda in IN said...

I hope by now your nights are getting easier for you. I am glad your daughter got to have lunch with your dad. That is sweet that he thought it was your ankle but he knew why you weren't there because you had surgery. This is a pretty card and I'm glad you were able to get to the craft room for a bit. There is no time limit to making cards so you're just fine. I am off to watch her video. Hugs for your recovery.