One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

MIM # 328 Background Shadows

I have a card for the current MIM at the Papertrey Blog showing how to make background shadows on our cards...by Laurie Schmidlin.
This is what I used to make this card:
PTI:  In Bloom
PTI: Scripted

I like this technique a lot and think I will give it another go!
Have a great week my friends...have I told you that I have a special friend coming today to stay with me for a couple of days?  Nancy from Scrapper at Heart and her husband are flying in this morning and staying for a couple of days with me before they meet up with their son and daughter-in-law who live in Seattle.  I am so excited to see her again, we first met a couple of years ago in Seattle.  We met on the Seize the Birthday Challenge, she is our awesome manager who keeps our lives in order!
Anyway I am thrilled to have her with me for a couple of days, the Husbands are going to golf, so we can talk and maybe even get inky!
Hope you have a great day!
Heart Hugs, friends!



13 comments:

Darnell said...

You did an amazing job with this technique, Col! I'll have to give it a whirl, too. Have a sensational time with Nancy! Hugs, Darnell

Linda said...

So pretty Col. I was thinking of using that stamp set too. I like this technique, now if I can remember to use it again. Have fun with Nancy.

Bonnie said...

Love this technique, Col! The flowers are gorgeous and I love the subtle stamped background! Have fun with Nancy! Somehow, I know you will!

Maria said...

Such a beautiful card using the shadow technique! Those flowers are lovely! Enjoy your visit with Nancy!

Kim Heggins said...

Such a beautiful card Colleen...love those sweet colors. Wishing you a wonderful time with your friends!

Marybeth said...

It's beautiful Colleen! I completely forgot about the splatters and I love that part of the card, looks so good on the gray cardstock. I like this technique too and hope I can remember to do it again! Love yours!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautifully done, Colleen...you’re a quick study! Sounds like you’ve got a plan for you and Nancy...enjoy!

Greta said...

How fun! Hope the men didn't faint in the heat--haha! Beautiful choice of stamps & colors for MIM--love it! I need to get a move on & make something!

Marcia Hill said...

You did an amazing job with the gray background Colleen...LOVE it! Great stamp set choice too...didn't even think of that one! Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card my friend! Enjoy your time with Nancy!! :0)

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful! Love it with the In Bloom flowers!

Kara Lynne said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Colleen! Such a great technique and wonderful with the white spatter. So sorry I haven't been around much lately - it's just the way of summer around here. I'm driving Kate to a leadership camp for a few days, and then we are all heading to Tennessee for a week. Have a great time with Nancy - I know you will!

Helen F. said...

Love your card, Colleen! What a pretty floral to use for this technique... your color-scheme really pops too. Have a great 'crafty' time with Nancy :)

Vikki H said...

Oh, yellow is fantastic with touches of pink on the gray card! That is a great set to use for this challenge.