One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, July 14, 2018

CAS Christmas Card July Challenge

I am playing again with the CAS Christmas Card July Challenge since the Merry Monday challenge is no more!  I miss it!
I gold embossed the poinsettia bouquet and then used zig watercolor pens.
I added gold striped paper to tie in with the gold embossing.  I even embossed the sentiment with the same gold.  I fussy cut the bottom half of the bouquet.
 
The Ton: Cozy Poinsettia
PTI:  Keep it Simple:  Christmas 
Heart Hugs, friends!



6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love how you've fussy cut the bottom of the poinsettias to create an irregular edge, Colleen! Is so perfect with the gold and white stripes! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas! (I miss Merry Monday too.)

Loll said...

Beautiful and elegant poinsettia card Colleen. Love all that gold with the large strips and heat embossing. Looks perfect with the pink poinsettias. Very creative design with your fussy-cut bottom of the poinsettia garland. That must have taken a lot of patience, but it looks amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Coleen beautiful colour combo with the gold and the pink. I am in awe of your fussy cutting along the edge of the poinsettia wreath. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Nance said...

Beautiful gold embossed, watercolored poinsettias, Colleen. I love all gold shimmery Christmas cards, makes them more fesitve. Thanks for sharing at CAS Christmas this month!

Trina P. said...

So elegant, Colleen! Beautiful Zig watercolouring and colours. Love the design and all that sparkle. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Poinsettia challenge this month. x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your gorgeous poinsettia swag against the gold foil striped border, Colleen!