One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

CAS Christmas June Challenge ~ Masculine

I have a question:  how many times a year do you re-organize and purge?
The reason I ask is because I am doing that now and I can across this scene, already embossed and ready to go, but you know, sitting in a box.  And then I remembered this challenge is suppose to be masculine and the light bulb came on!!  HA HA
I probably wouldn't have put any of the little PPP "marshmallow confetti" on it because of it being "masculine", but friends, I was filling up a dry copic and the bottle tipped and splashed and a smidgen got on the edge of the blue/white where the biggest confetti is!
BTW...I LOVE the confetti because there is NO hole in it and the glue dries clear, so I love these little things!  Okay, that is my story and I am sticking to it!
I hope you will join the fun over at CAS Christmas ~ masculine...lot's of awesome inspiration for you, so no reason not to make a Christmas card in June!!!
Heart Hugs, friends!



8 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

What a fun find in your stash! Perfect masculine card, even with the sequins which no one would suspect were covering up the ink! I am wanting to de-stash right now. I'd like to sell my HA, SSS, and W+9 inks and do you know why? Yes! After our Craft House trip I want to convert to CP inks!

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Papercraft Boutique said...

Very clean masculine card, Colleen! I didn't even notice or think that the sequins on your card were not-very-masculine at all. Especially the Marshmallow Confetti you chose have a matte finish.
The white embossed images pop beautifully against the navy blue background. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

love the Navy background and the simplicity of your masculine card, isn't it wonderful finding things in your UFO box and then the perfect challenge comes along. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas card challenge.

Bonnie said...

I am always coming across a piece that I've put aside and forgotten about. It's like a gift to find something that fits a challenge! Sometimes I actually start with my UFO box so I can get the contents down a little. Your snowy scene against the blue background is very masculine and lovely! I love those sequins without the holes! I need to look into that! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

So fantastic that you found this Christmas scene in white and navy. Such a great colour combo and perfect for a masculine card too. The confetti looks awesome and not like it is there to cover up an "oops". :) I think men like a little bit of bling just like we do! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the white embossed on navy, Colleen! Confetti doesn't read feminine to me - looks great! I've done the same thing to cover up crafty accidents!!

Nance said...

Beautiful masculine card, Colleen. I love the blue and white and those confetti are a great touch, wouldn't have guessed they were cover ups. Thanks for playing with us at CAS Christmas this month in our masculine challenge!