One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Wood is the 5th Tradional Anniversary Gift

 Lizzie showed how to use a woodgrain paper or a thin veneer.  
I used a woodgrain paper and used kraft ink pad direct to paper, I swiped it a few times to get the depth of color I desired.  It wasn't easy to save all those little dots and inside pieces, only had to selectively die cut two times (LOL).

You get a twofer if you save all the pieces!  *wink
  
DH said he liked the top one better because it was brighter (what??? I told him I used the same colors! ha ha ha!)  funny man....but he liked the smaller balloons because it was easier to see what they were!
Well, I must say, I liked this technique, because it mostly has to do with paper!
And I have to tell you that the leather from Nichole's video was a total bust...I mean TOTAL, and I tried three times, two times using a different die, but the third die I used the exact die as Nichole...didn't work, first the layers didn't stick, kind of redid it, then it had a big bubble in the center and when I went to add sponge color to it, it didn't help at all to define the flowers or anything...can't win them all I guess!
Heart Hugs, friends!



4 comments:

Sandy S. said...

Ha, ha, ha...thanks for your comments about the "leather" technique...I had a similar experience, but only tried once. This was much more fun, wasn't it?

Lizzie Jones said...

I meant to mention the two-fer thing in my video, but I totally missed it. I think both cards are great and I'm glad you enjoyed the technique. Thank you so much for playing along!

Birgit said...

This came out great Colleen! My layers were splitting on my card as well. I took a picture of my card as though it was completely assembled but (confession time) (whispering) the embellishments were really just laying on top. The layered base ended up in the circular file. sssshhhhh... don't tell anyone. ;0)

Helen F. said...

I actually like both of these, Colleen. I have to agree with your DH the 1st one with the smaller balloons looks a tad brighter. Ha Ha Ha!
PS: I had so many "multiple tries" with several of the challenges, and kept slapping myself to STOP and just get a darn card done!!