One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, August 27, 2017

6th Anniversary Traditional gift is IRON ~ by Betsy



This one had me stumped and I really had to put on my thinking cap and pull out many things before  I decided what to use.  First I had to put my texture paste into a squirt kind of container and because it was on the hard side I had to mix it with water and spend time blending it in, finally got it to work.
I chose a stamp from the 2014 SAF: 1920's, it had a wonderful image that I thought would be fun to use for Betsy's technique.  And I used the inks and perfect pearls that she used, although I think I also used 'forever green' perfect pearl, to bring out more of the ocean tides color.
My sentiment is from the Botanical Block set.
It has a wonderful sheen to it!
6thanniversary_bveldman

Heart Hugs, friends!



3 comments:

Birgit said...

What a great look! It really looks like oxidized bronze. Great job Colleen!

Loll said...

Gorgeous colours for your "metal" panel Colleen. Beautiful card! xx

Helen F. said...

Your note card is so unique, Colleen. You captured Betsy's technique of 'iron-look' so well!