One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Seize the Birthday July 16 no topping

Welcome to another Seize the Birthday Challenge!
There is NO topping this time, so make anything you want!

I was reminded about a fun technique that Jennifer McGuire did HERE 
about "Spotlight Die Cutting" and Brenda from Inkspired to Stamp reminded me.  I told her I was going to CAS her card because I really liked it! 

I had a piece of watercolor paper on my desk and decided to use that for my die cut balloon.
The sentiments and balloon dies are from SSS Birthday Balloons.
The square die cut is MFT stitched mat.
 
We look forward to seeing what you make for this challenge!

6 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I'm glad to see you back from vacation with your family. I hope you all had a fantastic time and I'm sure you did. Thanks for the shout out. Your card is great. I love the colors on the balloon and your card came out perfect.

Brenda in IN said...

I'm glad to see you back from vacation with your family. I hope you all had a fantastic time and I'm sure you did. Thanks for the shout out. Your card is great. I love the colors on the balloon and your card came out perfect.

Marybeth said...

I love this technique and I am happy you added the link, because I think I forgot how to do this. Your card is stunning!

Jodene said...

What a great card! I love how you have stamped over the raised balloon, looks so cool :)

Maria said...

A perfect CAS card with awesome technique...love the sentiment, too!

Glenda J said...

I absolutely love this CAS card! You've rocked this technique... reminds me I must try it.