One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Sieze the Birthday ~ ANIMALS

 
Are you ready to bring out some "critters" and make someone happy for their birthday?  Well our topping this time is all about "animals"!
I used Lil' Inkers stitched rectangle frames to make my frame and then stamped the sweet little paw prints all over it!  Don't you adore that cute little mouse as a wind up toy for the cat?  Hey I am just fine with wind up mice toys...it is the real ones I am not happy about having in my house!  And trust me, after we moved in we had plenty of them, I think we must have bulldozed their lodging, so they thought it would be okay to come inside...NOT!  I took care of that problem PRONTO...yes, ME!  My DH wouldn't touch the traps!

Please join us at Seize the Birthday 
we would love to see all your critters!
stamps & die:  PTI: Cat's Meow
banner die: Keep it Simple die
frame:  Lil' Inkers Stitched rectangle frames 

I wanted to show you all another card that my 11 (almost 12 year old) granddaughter made...she came up with the design herself and colored everything with copics...she is seriously good!  And she gave this card to one of her very best friends.  don't you love those party hats?  this certainly qualifies for the "critter"  challenge!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!



8 comments:

Maria said...

Sweet card with the kitten and all the paw prints! And, awesome card with the darling elephants that your granddaughter colored and designed! How awesome to encourage her creative talent!:-)

Alanna said...

What darling cards and your granddaughter's card is just amazing. I just love those elephants. She did an awesome job!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...what sweet cards Colleen! Love that little wind up mouse on your kitty card...just too cute! And your granddaughter's card is WOW! Can't believe she's only 11 and can color with Copics and design a card like that...you must be SO proud of her!! Have a great weekend! :0)

Linda said...

I'd forgotten that you showed me this and thought you did it. Lily did an amazing job on this.

Nancy said...

First of all your GD is Very good...super card!! Can't imagine how good she will be when she gets older! Next, I had no idea you were and expert mouse catcher...LOL Love your card for STB this week too! HUGS!

Monika Reeck said...

I am sooo in love with your first card
TOOO CUTE FOR WORDS Colleen
cute cute cute
and I love the main image and all on that card

Jodene said...

Gorgeous cards, and I love that kitty stamp! You have coloured it beautifully as well :)

Glenda J said...

Super cute card! Love that you shared your granddaughter's adorable card too!